His Butler, Unlucky number

(Since you're reading this I think you would be interested. They're making another Black Butler Musical in 2021 of the Weston College Arc. Just thought you guys would want to know.)

"Pardon me everyone as you know we've been searching for the key to the Earl's bed chamber. I'd like the chance to search everyone's rooms and belongings. Naturally the ladies will do each others room for decency and vice versa for men. If that's alright with everyone."
"I don't object go right ahead," said Miss Irene. Everyone walked off to their respective rooms to start searching. You,  Mey-rin, Ran-Mao, and Miss Irene did Mey-rin's room first, finding nothing of interest and searched your room next, nothing of interest there either, you expected something like this so you hid your theories well just incase the killer thought you were on to them. Next was Miss Irene's room. While you checked under the bed Mey-rin checked her luggage. "Oh, I must learn to be careful with that."

It was a picture of her and Mr. Grimsby. "He sort of gave up the game yesterday when he defended you like that," you said removing your hands from underneath the bed and dusting them off. You must remember to do underneath the beds when cleaning.

 She blushed and began to explain her relationship with Mr. Grimsby to you as you searched the vases on the mantle. "What was your husband like?"

"About the opposite of your beau my lady. Forgive me my wording, but instead of causing a scene he would've been a bit more discreet in defending my honour, a little more on the smooth like a snake side." She laughed and waved you off for apologizing, the truth isn't exactly insulting.

"No surely not- blood," Mey-rin was pale and shaking and you looked over her shoulder to see a bottle with a red liquid in it. "Ah! That is not how those are meant to be worn." You looked back to see Ran-Mao with Miss Irenes' underclothes on her head.

 "Miss Ran-mao what mischief are you up to now, oh I'm coming," Mey-rin ran to help take off the article of clothing on her head. Ran-Mao shared a room with Mr. Lau so there was no need to search since the men had already searched there. Walking back to the drawing-room Mey-rin asked if you were okay, your face was starting to show how stressed you were, eyes a bit sunken in, the shorter hairs sticking out of what was supposed to be a perfect bun. This case had taken an obvious toll on your health, for once you were afraid without Sebastian, you couldn't even think clearly. He wasn't there to calm you down or realize how deep and disoriented you were and take some load of your shoulders. Oh God how much you wanted to lay in bed and stare at the ceiling, unmoving, a sleep spell of your own. 

~

The key was not recovered, trust Sebastian to hide the key to the young lord's bedroom well. After some discussion, they deduced the key was probably outside. Finny offered to search. "That's noble but I couldn't possibly ask you to-"  Finny interrupted him, "I can't help solve the murders with me head, but I want to help in any way I can and if finding the key does that then I'll do it. Please master I just want to help." He and Mey-rin shared a look and dashed out the door.

"You lot can't just-" Bard started but they were gone, "Please excuse me," he ran after the other two. The young master glanced at you. "You're going to stay here? I'm surprised you're not the first one out the door." You smirked and bowed, "I have my orders my lord but I'll go after them." You and Tanaka grabbed umbrellas from the hall by the servant's entrance and proceeded to go outside. They were having a moment together at the entrance of the garden instead of looking, even through the pouring sheets of rain, it was visible that they were crying. You heard the last of what Bard was saying when you two got closer. "...it was so if anything happened to him we would be here to protect the master." Tanaka put the extra umbrella over their heads, "And do you know what Sebastian would say if he were here right now? He would say that a servant who is shaken up by something so small as a triple murder isn't worth his salt." You handed the other umbrella to Mey-rin and Finny to share.

'I wouldn't say a triple murder is small but alright.' 

You smelled something... like tea and roses. Squinting your eyes you looked out to the garden and stepped closer.  Sebastian's signature scent, but you are by a garden it could be something similar.  

You all started back inside but the wind kicked up causing Mey-rin and Finny to cling to each other and your umbrella to turn inside out letting the cold harsh rain stab at your skin. Bard ran to aid you kicking up the water from the slightly flooded area and soaking what was left of your dry self. He dragged you under his umbrella, held you by your shoulders and led you inside with everyone else. "I'll go change, no amount of towelling off can save me now." Finny looked as if he were going to interrupt, "I'll be fine, no murderer would willingly cross paths with...." You couldn't say it, you were not a widow. It's impossible for you to be one. "Besides, they aren't going anywhere, it's just us servants roaming the manor." They all nodded and you left for the laundry room. If everyone is isolated to two places too scared to go without each other no one could barge in if you changed there right? Taking long enough to change would make everyone worried or more suspicious of you so forget drying your hair, though you would regret it later due to it getting knotty and out of control. 

The now cold air tickled your skin as you walked back to the drawing-room, you could feel a sneeze coming on. Oh how Sebastian would scold you for leaving yourself drenched for so long in a cold damp place. You felt so drained, sniffing was a lot of work to you, even worse with a clogged nose. Your eyes stung from dryness so you put your cold, pruney fingers to your eyes helping to cool it down. Taking one last sniff at an attempt to unclog your nose from snot, you opened the door to see an elderly looking man who was drenched from the rain outside, standing there bound by ropes that Bard probably tied. He stood there,  black slicked back hair still perfect aside from the water dripping onto the carpet  with his wet pinstriped suit and black bag in Bard's hand. Your hand cautiously inched its way to the knife tucked in by your garter belt. "My lord?" you questioned looking at the back of the man's head.

"Easy Y/n, he is an acquaintance." The man turned his upper body to you, wine coloured eyes staring into yours.

"This is the vicar, Jeremy Rathbone."