His Butler, Phantom Image

~November 1887~

Two months after the funeral~

Sebastian has been awfully close to you, popping up when you least expect it, sometimes helping you out and making small talk. You liked having him around, then again who wouldn't want someone good looking like him around, honestly, he's so sexy it could be a sin. A sarcastic, attractive perfect man. Well almost perfect, you noticed him staring out the corner of your eye, so much that one time he halfway burned a cake he was making for the young master. As nearly perfect as that man is, you started noticing some strange things about him, his eyes would sometimes glow but turn to normal immediately and bizarre unexplained things happened. Finny accidentally clipped Sebastian's hair with garden shears while messing around with it and later that night his hair had grown back to the exact length. You pulled on it to see if it was his real hair and sure enough it was. He'd also turn up to help you even if he's nowhere near. Quite odd for a human being...

Today was quite an unusual day, even for the Phantomhive household. The three idiotic coworkers of yours were barely anywhere to be seen. It all started when the young master sent for them, after that they seemed to be disappearing and reappearing randomly as you did your chores. It looked to you as if they were following Sebastian. You had your suspicions of him being inhuman, but you doubt they guessed that seeing as they've been here way longer than you... Then again Mey-rin couldn't tell the difference between wax and shoe polish. Finny has inhumane strength but he's still human enough, you don't think that's the case. Sebastian had to be something else that's the only explanation. It's that damn book that aroused your suspicion in the first place. You decided to sneak back into your room when you had time. You weren't extremely tired today, an average day of servants work no longer tired you out.

~

"Oh hello Y/n, is the Earl in?"

"Mr. Lau, Miss Ran-Mao, yes he's in his study at the moment, please follow- "

"Oh don't worry, I'll go up myself, Ran-Mao here will keep you company," Mr. Lau left leaving you and his sister-in-law together. Normally she's quiet and attached to Mr. Lau at the hip, but she's taken a strong liking to you. Poking your cheek, she blinked at you, "Ran-Mao, no 'miss'."

Your lessons with Sebastian had grown on you, respect came pouring naturally out your mouth.

"Of course Ran-Mao."

Smiling gently you walked around the manor with Ran-Mao at your side, about to enter the drawing-room Mey-rin came running for her.

"Running Mey-rin..."

"I know, but Mr. Lau wanted me to get Miss Ran-Mao quickly. I had no choice since I couldn't find you two, and the guest arrived, Sebastian wants you." The three of you hurried off, you branched off from Mey-rin and Ran-Mao to meet Sebastian, Tanaka and the guest in a separate room. They were late.

"Apologies we had some... rising distractions."

The blonde man Mr. Jones blushed clearly embarrassed from the memory of the distraction. "Ah yes, shall we?" he cleared his throat. Opening the door for them to enter you saw Tanaka already seated, you were there to record everything that was said.

Sebastian talked too fast both you and Mr. Jones couldn't keep up with what he said. Setting down the pen you crossed your arms and pursed your lips staring daggers at Sebastian. "I'd like to have a picture to go with the article if you don't mind, you and the maid would be nice portrait."

"I'm sorry I would have to decline. I'm simply, one hell of a butler."

Rolling your eyes, fun-sized Tanaka led the guest to his carriage.