2.8 || the voicemail

Dagmar woke up around noon and she groaned at herself when she felt her head still spinning. She was hungry and longed for a glass of water. She got up from bed and steadied herself for a moment, hating how her body and her brain still hadn't sobered up over the couple hours of sleep she had gotten. Dagmar got into the bathroom and washed her face, removing the bits of mascara that still clumped at her lashes. She yawned, throwing back two glasses of water and two aspirins, hoping she'd feel a little more sober soon. Dagmar got back to her room, reaching for her phone she left uncharged on her nightstand. The screen lit up when she tapped on it. Her heartbeat was suddenly in her throat when she saw the notifications.

[Lando]: One missed call (9.12 a.m.)

[Lando]: Hey Dagmar. You left me a voicemail tonight...

Oh no no no. She didn't. Right? Dagmar swallowed hard and moved to her calls, checking if she had actually tried to reach him last night. "Fuck". She groaned when she saw his name in the list of people she recently called, and that at last night after 3 in the morning. "Why did I do that". She sighed at herself. Dagmar opened the whatsapp conversation with Lando and looked at the message he had sent more.

[Lando]: I have a day off tomorrow, maybe sit down for lunch?

Dagmar took a deep breath, sitting back down on her bed as she looked at her screen. She nibbled nervously on her lower lip. She wanted to reply with "I think we shouldn't" or "I was just drunk, sorry" and leave it there, but her heart was so filled with want when she thought about meeting up for lunch. Dagmar wasn't sure what to reply and left her phone on the kitchen counter while she made some breakfast. She cracked an egg in a frying pan, looking at it as it slowly prepared while she made some coffee for herself and sipped from her mug. Dagmar leaned back against the counter, debating in her head if it would be a responsible choice to accept Lando's offer. She clearly remembered he had said they could still see each other and stay friends. The problem was that she didn't want to be just friends with him and see him every now and then, at least she felt like that now and she needed more time to move on. She picked up her phone and moved back to their messages.

She tapped on her screen and the keyboard appeared. Her thumbs hovered over it and she wanted to type no. NO. But she couldn't. She shook her head at herself when she typed a message to agree with him.

[To Lando]: Alright. What time did you have in mind?

She ignored everything about the voicemail. She couldn't remember what kind of embarrassing message she had left him in the middle of the night and she was sure she didn't want to remember either. Dagmar if she dug into her memories very thoroughly she did remember that she dialed his number, but that was about it. She zoned out after she placed her phone down, nearly burning up her breakfast. She felt tired and kind of numb, glad she didn't feel nauseous or had a headache now. Dagmar finished her breakfast and felt slightly better. She still felt gross and went to take a shower, leaving her phone to charge meanwhile. She took a long and hot shower, washing her hair and deep conditioning it, using a scrub for her skin in hope it would scrub away basically everything that happened in her life at the moment. Dagmar rinsed her conditioner with cold water and then wrapped it up in a hair-wrap, leaving it to dry in there as she dried her body and slipped into some comfortable clothing. Dagmar cleaned her kitchen and made her bed before sitting down on it.

She took her phone into her hand again and unlocked her screen to see the message Lando had sent her.

[Lando]: Around 1 pm? I can pick you up if you want.

Dagmar scoffed. She shook her head and looked away from her phone before typing a response.

[To Lando]: No thanks. Text me the location later, please.