[08]

"Everyone wants to be the sun to lighten up someone's life, but why not be the moon, to brighten up in the darkest hour." - Unknown.

By the end of the day we reached the next island. Caspian was looking through the telescope again. Like the last island, this one was completely empty. 

"Looks uninhabited, but if the Lords followed the mist East, then they would've stopped here." Caspian informed us. Edmund and I looked to him, last time we went on an empty looking island it didn't have the best consequences, I'd rather not have a repeat.

"Could be a trap." Drinian suggested, as if he read my thoughts. 

"Or it could hold some answers, Caspian?" Edmund asked, to see what the plan of action was. Caspian lowered the telescope.

"We'll spend the night on shore and scour the island in the morning." Caspian ordered. 

We rowed to shore and set up camp on the beach. Most of us were incredibly tired from the day of sailing, so we all went straight to sleep. Edmund hugged me to his chest, giving me a sense of comfort. I slept soundly with my back to him.

In the morning, I was rudely awoken by Caspian literally dragging me up to see Lucy was gone. We had a quick search, and found large footprints, too big to be a human's surrounding the camp.

"Ed, Ed wake up!" Caspian shook him awake. Since it was still ridiculously early Edmund groaned in annoyance and confusion. Knowing he was a heavy sleeper, I poked him in the side. He jerked awake and glared at me, but seeing the worried look on my face, his face turned to one of concern. 

"Where's Lucy? Lucy?" Edmund called, seeing her missing from her bed. 

"Everybody up!" Caspian shouted, waking up the majority of the camp. "This way!" he ordered, following the large footprints left by the mysterious beings. Caspian and Edmund sprinted ahead, leaving me behind.

"Slow down, you bloody giants!" I shouted after them. They turned and waited for me to catch up, before dragging me with them.

"We're not fast, you're just short." Caspian commented, I shot a glare at him. 

"Where do you think she went?" Edmund asked worriedly, looking at me for an answer.

"I don't know, I'm a knight, not a detective." I snapped at him. Edmund and Caspian gave me a look. "Sorry, I was woken up early and my best friend is missing, I'm allowed to be a little cranky." I tried to defend my attitude. I was sleeping very comfortably in Ed's arms, before I was rudely awoken. Caspian sighed and looked to Ed.

"Don't worry Ed, I'll make sure nothing ever happens to Lucy, she's too important to the both of us." Caspian reassured him, putting a hand on his shoulder. I coughed to alert them of my presence. "Oh, and you too 'Bells." he added on. I rolled my eyes.

"Be still my heart." I said as sarcastically as I could, pushing past them into an opening. "Look!" I alerted them pointing to a small shiny object on the ground.

"Caspian look, it's Lucy's dagger." Edmund pointed out, kneeling down to pick it up. Out of nowhere, spears started raining from the sky behind us, and Caspian let out a high-pitched scream in surprise. 

"Stop right there, Or perish!" a voice demanded, and an invisible force knocked Caspian sword out of his hands. After that, it was chaos. One of the creatures whipped my sword out of my grasp, and pushed me to the floor, next to Edmund.

"What kind of creatures are you?" Caspian asked from the floor out of fear. 

"Big ones with the head of a tiger, and the body of a um..."