[11]

"Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." - Sean Higgins

As we walked back towards the boats, Edmund and Caspian caught up with us. Edmund was a bit behind with his head down.

"What food did you find?" Caspian asked hopefully, looking over what looked to be not very much. Rhince kneeled down by the baskets of food.

"It's volcanic your majesty, not much grows." Rhince explained sadly. I looked around the crew to see one missing.

"Where's Eustace?" I wondered aloud. Lucy looked towards me, then at the crew to see I was right.

"I believe he's out not helping us load the boats." Reepicheep stated in a frustrated tone. 

"He probably got lost." I defended him, giving Reepicheep a look. 

"Eustace! Eustace!" Lucy yelled, trying to find her cousin. The only thing she got in return was the sound of the volcano. "Edmund, I've got a bad feeling." she admitted turning towards her older brother. 

"I'll go find him." Edmund announced, and started towards the centre of the island.

"I'll come with you." Caspian added, following him. Edmund looked a bit confused for a second, but didn't object. It's nice to see that they're getting along again, but I'm still slightly mad at them.

Before I knew it, Lucy and I were back on the Dawn Treader. A loud roar cut through the peaceful silence of the boat, it came from the island. 

"What was that?" Lucy asked Drinian, who was stood just behind us. Drinian hesitated. Another roar sounded from the island. Looking closely, I saw a burst of flames came from something hidden by the mountain.

"Is it the volcano?" Gael asked worriedly. Drinian's face morphed to one of worry.

"Oh no, that's no volcano." he replied, quickly leaving us to warn his men of the thing, before I knew it, a dragon was flying towards the boat, dangerously fast. It flew around the boat, not attacking anything. The dragon landed on the mast, nearly breaking it, under its immense weight. 

"What's it doing?" Lucy cried, clinging onto Gael in a protective manner. The crew fired at it, but they kept missing. It wasn't until Reepicheep stabbed it in the hand, did it finally fly off. This made me confused, because it should've fought back, or sent fire straight at us, but it didn't. It was almost like it was scared and trying to board the ship. That is not a normal dragon. The dragon flew back around, this time with Edmund in it's claws.

"Edmund!" Lucy and I shrieked at the same time.

"Lucy, Arabella!" Edmund called back, as it flew back with him towards the island. We decided to row back to the island to see what was going on, and help Edmund. 

At the island, we saw Edmund and Caspian next to the creature, with a golden bangle around its wrist that looked way too tight.

"Guess what." Edmund stated looking towards Lucy and I.

"Hmmm, the dragon came from a magical land and reconciled you and Caspian through its almighty power of friendship, harnessed by the power of the bracelet." I replied sarcastically. 

"Next time just say what." Edmund grumbled.

"You told me to guess." I defended myself, putting my arms up in surrender. Edmund sighed heavily.

"The dragon is Eustace." Edmund announced.

"The dragon is the who, the what, the where, the when, the why?" I asked quickly, very confused.