[15]

"I cannot say goodbye to those whom I have grown to love, for the memories we have made will last a lifetime and will never know a goodbye." - Unknown

We all jumped in a small boat and rowed towards the horizon, into a sea filled with pristine white lilies, perfectly decorating the water. There must've been some sort of magic keeping them in place. There was no way they'd stay there on their own. Edmund and Caspian rowed, while Lucy, Reep, Eustace and I sat at the back of the boat. "So what was it like when Aslan changed you back?" Edmund asked his cousin.

"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself, then he came towards me, it sort of hurt, but it was a good pain you know, like when you pull a thorn from your foot. Being a dragon wasn't all bad, I feel like I was a better dragon than I was a boy really. I'm so sorry for being such a sod." he told us, as we all listened intently. I put my hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"It's ok Eustace, you were a pretty good dragon." Edmund told him, making us all laugh. Mid- laugh I realised something.

"I have a very serious problem." I told them all. They snapped their gazes to me worriedly. Checking me over for injury, waiting for me to elaborate. "I have to pee." I admitted, bouncing my leg up and down. They all breathed out a laugh. Part of it laughter the other relief.

"My friends we have arrived." Reepicheep announced, as we came to a stop and the fluffy white sand. We quickly hopped out the boat, gazing in awe at the wave towering above us, blocking our view from what was behind it. I could only just make out the tips of mountains peaking over the top of the wave. 

"Aslan." Eustace said, making us all spin round to see the mighty lion himself. 

"Welcome children you have done well, very well indeed. You have come far, now your journey is at its end." He told us, walking past us, to stand in front of us.

"Is this your country?" Lucy asked curiously. Aslan shook his head.

"No, my country lies beyond." he replied, looking into the distance beyond the wave. I stood on my tip-toes to try peak over, but it was no use. Edmund gazed down at me and laughed at my attempts. Caspian also tried to see over.

"Is my father in your country?" he asked hopefully. Aslan turned his gaze to the King. 

"You can only find that out for yourself, my son." he told Caspian. "But you should know if you continue, there is no return." he finished, leaving Caspian to make up his mind. Caspian slowly made his way towards the towering wave sticking his hand in, to feel the current. Edmund gazed at me, as I watched Caspian's every move. He pulled his hand out and walked back towards us. We all gave him confused looks.

"You're not going?" Edmund asked confused. 

"Can't imagine my father would be very proud that I gave up what he died for, I've spent too long wanting what was taken from me, not what was given. I was given a kingdom and people. I promise to be a better king." he announced. I put my hand up to my mouth, trying to hold in the tears. Caspian, you were already a great King, keep it together Arabella

"You already are." Aslan spoke up, agreeing with my thoughts. "Children?" he asked turning towards us. Lucy stepped forwards excitedly, but Edmund and I exchanged looks, we had to go home.

"I perhaps it's time we went home actually, Lu." Edmund told her quietly. Lucy's smile faded and she turned to face us.

"But I thought you loved it here with Arabella." Lucy pointed out, her voice wavering. 

"I do, but I love home and our family as well, they need us." Edmund admitted. Lucy's eyes started to fill with tears. Reepicheep cleared his throat, bringing all the attention to him. We looked down at him, as he leapt across the sand towards Aslan. He bowed before the lion.