[01]

"The distance between your dreams and reality is called action." - Unknown.

Edmund and Lucy left for their cousin's house in Cambridge five months ago. Five Months since I last saw them. Five months alone. Five months since Edmund told me he loved me, and I never said it back. I wanted, no scratch that, I needed to see them, not only to tell him I loved him too, but because it was my seventeenth birthday today, and none of the people I wanted to be here are here no Edmund, Lucy, Peter, Susan or Caspian. I tried to ask for a small family and close friends party, but my mother decided to go all out and invite everyone I knew, saying 'it's not everyday your daughter turns seventeen.' I just needed to go back to Narnia, it's been two years, five months and 13 days and counting. 

"Arabella dear, the guests are here." my mum announced, peeking her head around the edge of the door to my bedroom. I really didn't want to go down, but I guess I just have to suck it up and slap on a fake smile for her. The party didn't feel like a party to me, it felt like a prison, and I was surrounded by people I didn't like, the main one being Lucas, a guy from school, who kept trying to ask me out whenever Edmund wasn't around. He apparently doesn't know when someone says no to them, they probably won't change their mind if you beg them to. I walked around my house, giving the casual 'hello' to some people I walked past just to be polite. I wasn't really in the mood, so I started to head back up to my room, only to be blocked by the one and only Lucas. Brilliant.

"Hey, so you know I think you and I would make a good pair." he commented, his smirk plastered all over his face. I stopped in place and rolled my eyes.

"Please get out of the way, I want to go upstairs, also for the millionth time, I have a boyfriend, so don't touch me." I said as politely as I could. He didn't move, instead he put his hands on my hips.

"Well I don't see him here, come on you know you want me." he insisted, rubbing my hips in a circular motion. 

"Lucas, I won't ask you again, get off." I ordered, my voice raising slightly. The next thing I knew, his lips were firmly planted on mine. It wasn't like any of the amazing kisses that I shared with Edmund it was needy and forced. I quickly pushed him off, by kneeing him in the nuts, then I slapped him in the face and kicked his shin. Hard. He groaned in pain, falling to the side, giving me enough room to slip past him up to my room. I'm just hoping that he won't follow me.

I raced up to my bedroom, locking the door behind me. I ran a hand through my long, straight hair and went straight to the bathroom, to wipe my mouth. I should probably rinse it with soap later. I looked into the mirror and sighed, my lipstick was smudged beyond repair, so I wiped it off. After I had managed to get away all the smudges I looked completely over my image in the mirror. I am so done with this party.

I went to go back downstairs, only to notice that my reflection didn't move with me, squinting, I saw it was beckoning me to walk through it. Knowing this was some sort of magic, I grew excited, this meant I was probably going back to Narnia. Without any delay, I walked through the mirror after my reflection. After a while, it disappeared in front of me, leaving the frame of another mirror, leading to a cosy looking room. 

Hastily, I stepped through it, to be in a sort of cabin

Hastily, I stepped through it, to be in a sort of cabin. I quickly looked around the space, this was unfamiliar. In the centre of the room was a King-sized bed, with red covers and pillows, the mirror was stood just off to the side, and the windows revealed a beautiful view of the sea. Wait a frick-frack minute. I'm on a boat?

Behind me, I heard the door open, and into the room, stepped one of the people I had been missing the most. 

"Caspian!" I shouted, grabbing his attention. Quickly, I ran up to him, and hugged him tightly, to make sure this was all real, and I wasn't just dreaming. He seemed a little taken back at first, but hugged me anyway.

"Arabella, how on Earth did you get here?" he asked confusion lacing his words.

"I think I just came through your mirror." I explained, touching the glass, to see it had sealed up behind me.

"Well, I'm so happy to see you again!" he laughed hugging me again. We were both so confused as to how I actually got there, but I was just glad I got to see him on my birthday. He lead me to a dresser, and gave me some clothes, because what I was wearing from the party isn't Narnia appropriate, can't really do much in a dress. He left for a minute to let me get changed, then re-entered.

"Are Edmund and Lucy here yet?" I asked, excited to see them after what felt like an eternity. His expression dropped to one of sadness, and my heart sunk. He opened his mouth to give me the bad news, but he was interrupted by one of the crew members walking in.

"Your majesty, there are men overboard." he uttered to Caspian.

"Men overboard, how did that happen?" he queried, raising his brow. Seriously Caspian, save now, ask questions later.

"We're not sure, they just appeared in the middle of the sea, like magic." he explained exasperatedly. Caspian and I exchanged knowing looks, before dashing out as fat as we could, we knew exactly who it would be.

(A/N Hope you enjoyed the chapter don't forget to vote xx)