[13]

"We're all a little weird.  And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness – and call it love – true love." – Robert Fulghum

On the boat we sailed towards Dark Island, my hand linked with Edmund's.

"So what do you think is in there?" Tavros asked nervously. 

"Our worst nightmares" Edmund responded.

"Our darkest wishes" Caspian replied.

"Pure evil" Drinian summed it up. My hand squeezed Edmund's tighter, as we reached the edge of Dark Island. "Tavros, unlock the armoury." Drinian told the minotaur.

"Let's get ready." Caspian whispered to Edmund and I. I was in a room of my own, struggling with my armour. Again. I heard a chuckle from the edge of the room to see Edmund watching me amused.

"Still having trouble I see." he teased. I huffed and gave up, letting the piece of armour drop to the floor. Edmund scooped it up and put it on for me. Tightening it from behind. When he was done, he wrapped his arms around my waist, and rested his chin on my head. "In case we don't get through this I just wanted to say I love you so much. You're the only person I have ever loved and ever will love. You're my everything." He paused and turned me around by my waist. "So I was wondering if after we've gone home and seen each other again, you'd do me the honour of being my wife." he asked kneeling down, revealing a ring in his hand. 

My hands shot to my mouth

My hands shot to my mouth. I was speechless. I never expected Edmund Pevensie to propose to me. I felt tears prick my eyes, and I nodded wordlessly. Edmund put the ring on my finger, and hugged me tightly, spinning me around.

We broke apart and heard Lucy and Caspian cheering quietly from the edge of the door

We broke apart and heard Lucy and Caspian cheering quietly from the edge of the door. I pulled them into a hug, so we could all cherish this moment together. I know seventeen is a little young to be married, but I don't care, because I love Edmund so much. I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Everyone gathered outside on the deck of the Dawn Treader and Caspian stepped to the front to make a speech. Edmund and I watched from the back, hands interlocked.