[09]

"You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts." - Philip Arnold.

For the past two weeks we've been on this boat, being tossed around like a pancake. I thought I'd be able to have some time with Edmund, but no such luck. But one good thing that came out of it, since Gael joined the crew, she's been sleeping in Lucy's room, and since the bed isn't big enough for the three of us, I had to move and share hammocks. That's right Ladies and gentlemen, I get to share a hammock with the Edmund Pevensie. So that has made the nights a bit more durable. I was currently on the deck trying to help out, but Caspian quickly dragged me inside the Captain's quarters to discuss what we were going to do. As soon as I was inside, I rushed to Edmund, hugging him tightly, so I could get some warmth from him. 

"So, we're stuck here at half rations with food and water for two more weeks, this is your last chance to turn back your majesties." Drinian informed us. We all shared a look. Edmund's grip on my waist tightened, as the boat violently rocked, sending me off balance. "There's no guarantee we'll spot the blue star soon, not in this storm even finding a needle in a haystack trying to find this Ramandu place, we could sail right past it and off the edge of the world." Drinian continued.

"Or get eaten by a sea serpent." Edmund spoke up. I nudged him lightly, not the time Edmund, but who am I to judge I do it all the time. Caspian and Drinian glared at him.

"I'm just saying the men are getting nervous, these are strange seas we're sailing the likes of which I've never seen before." Drinian said lowly.

"Well then perhaps captain, you would like to be the one to explain to Mr Rhince, that we're abandoning the search for his family." Caspian argued. Drinian went silent.

"Right then, no turning back now." Drinian mumbled to himself.

"Did you have to? No turning back, that's almost as bad as nothing could possibly go wrong, or at least it can't get any worse or-"

"Are you done?" Drinian asked, cutting me off looking very annoyed. I shrunk back into a corner.

"Yes sorry." I muttered 

"I'll get back to it." Drinian picked up his coat and turned to face us, before he left. "Just a word of warning, the sea can play a nasty trick on the crew's mind, very nasty." he growled before he left. Caspian, Edmund and I exchanged worried looks.

"Right then, I'm gonna go too." I announced walking towards the door. Edmund grabbed my hand, before I could go anywhere.

"What are you doing?" he asked gently, looking at me in confusion.

"I am going to hoist the sails." I tried to explain. Caspian stepped up from the corner.

"You can't do that on your own, that's a two man job." he tried to interfere. I walked towards the door and rolled my eyes.

"Please I am easily worth two men, you two can come if you like." I offered, leaving them to decide what they wanted to do. 

By the time they'd come scurrying after me, I had already done the job. "Told you, I had it handled." I shouted over the thunder. Caspian rolled his eyes, while Edmund's face displayed a proud grin. Suddenly, he frowned.

"You don't have your sword." he observed. I looked down to my sheath, then back up at Edmund. 

"We're on a boat in the middle of the ocean, fighting a mist, what do you want me to do stab it?" I asked sarcastically. He smiled and pulled me into a hug, but I could hear him mumbling how he wanted to keep me safe. I smiled, burying my head into his chest, before leaving him to find shelter from the storm.