9.

Eli P.O.V

I was just standing here. It hurts so much to see Zack my bestfriend crying, it hurts to see him saying all the resentment to his parents.

I know how he really wants to feel the love of family. Yes he considers us family but it's still different when it comes to your real parents.

I witnessed how he misses his parents but tries to be calm. And now he definitely did not stop himself.

I wiped away the tears escaped my eyes.

Zack stepped forward and threatened to leave.

"Zack" his mom called.

He stopped "I don't want to hear any more words mom, I know I'm wrong" he said without looking back. He walked again. Then he stopped turning his back on his family.

"Money can't buy my happiness" he said and tears flowed again. He walked straight.

He stopped when he saw me. I got panic. He wiped away his tears. He look away.

"Zack" I call. He did not look back.

I looked inside the house. Nervous to see them all looking at me. I cleared my throat.

"Eli?" We looked at Zack's mom in shock. She know me? I thought...

Nervously, I forced myself to enter and show some respects. They looking at me.

This is not the first time I have seen them, but I am new because I just got close like this. When I got close, she stared at me.

"Amm I didn't mean to hear" I apologize.

"Who's she mom?" Zack's older brother asked.

"She's Zack friend" she replied. I look at her. She is beautiful and I can see the elegance.

They fell silent. I don't know what to do? Am I leaving? I will follow Zack. I felt sad again to remember him crying. I sighed bravely. I looked at them.

"I'm sorry for Zack, I know I have no rights because I'm just his friend. But Zack is right.." I look at her "He has been eager for his parents for a long time.. Since I met him, he always says that 'mommy and daddy love me' especially when he is being bullied.. he always comes to our house to eat mommy's food because he says he wants to eat the cook of a mother, he also hugs mommy" I smile remembering. "When we were in grade school he always wanted to be lifted up by my father because he wants to feel it with his own father.. Even though I was jealous I let him because dad was just there to carry me whenever I wanted but Zack.." I shrugged. She averted her eyes. I saw tears forming in the corner of her eyes. I looked at Zack father.

"Sir.. Zack just wants to feel like he has a parent, when he sees a child that their dad teaches them to ride a bike he always says 'When Daddy comes home from work he'll teach me too' but it doesn't happen... He taught himself, he had many wounds and scars because he tried alone but he still managed.. We helped him heal all his wounds but he refused he said I want mommy to treat me" then i look to his brother ..

"He's not worthless, lazy or truant in school. He was always on the top, Mvp in basketball, He focused on studying he said 'I want to be like my brother', He even cried before because our classmate teased him a gay because I am his only playmate.. When he prays I hear him say 'I hope my brother and I can play'... He just wants family.. love" 

I looked at them one by one.

"It's not hard to love Zack, he eats all the food, he likes tinola and menudo. And he dreams of his mom cooking. He just needs support and love, and if I'm the one to asked... Zack deserves to be loved, he is kind. Just try to love him and pay attention to him, even if you only have a minute to accompany him to his bedroom or join him to meal, I am sure he will be happy" I nodded and smiled.