18

Zack P.O.V

See you tomorrow

It repeated in my ear. It's already friday and we are already in Marikina but I still can't forget Eli. I did not sleep well. I don't hear much of what our teammates are talking about. I was too occupied.

We are on the lowest bench. There is basketball room underneath. Coach finished reminding but I could not process everything he said. There was nothing else on my mind but.

What is Eli doing?

Did she eat?

Does her head hurt again?

We did not visit her before leaving because we left early in the morning. I'm nervous. I sat outside staring at so many students from different schools.

I was in that position when my phone vibrated.

Its already 6:34 November 30, I immediately pressed the message Eli!

Dear princess:

Good luck Bestfriend.

I smile. Tried to call her. I hope she is okay. Three times before answering, my heart pounded.

"Zack" she answered weakly.

My heart melt.

"Dear princess" I call.

I heard her little laugh.

"You're ugly, don't come back when you can't get pictures"

I can hear the weakness of her voice. But still I'm happy.

"All right, just wait for me"

"Hmm..just hurry up"

I stopped. I'm nervous I don't know why. She spoke again.

"Zack.." Her voice trembled a little. "W
D-don't think of me focus on the game, I'll be angry if you don't f-fix your game and.. Z-zack always be careful don't fight, you will be okay too with your parents.. "

"Are you saying goodbye?" I can't fix my own voice.

She laughed and I'm sure she was crying. "Stupid ofcourse not, a-as long as you hurry I'll wait for you .. All right ugly take care bye."

I slowly put down my phone. Tears fell down in the corners of my eyes.
Wait for me.

7am when the parade starts around the oval, I can hear too much noise due to cheer. I forced myself to focus on what I was doing. Laughed at the teammates. After the line up we turn to the assigned places. We are wearing a dark blue jersey. Everything in blue is our school. The head of the school thanked and many more before starting. Prayed and sang the national anthem. The judges were introduced. Then the cheerdances started first. We have a fifth school in all sports. Every sport is done at the same time because the sport center is has own field.

10 am and Lovely are already dancing. Each bench is full and looks like ants. There is also a camera rotating in the air.

We won the first game. But in the second was defeated. We greeted each other nicely because the opponent was really strong. We went to the far comfort room change our clothes because of the extreme heat.

"Zack" I looked at Lovely. I am already out of cr. Carrying my bag.

Lovely is in Leopard and has a face paint.

"You're great" I greeted.

She nodded "What time will it end?" She asked.

"I know after the awarding" I shrugged.