16.

Zack P.O.V

"Zack"

"Zack"

"Zack"

A pat on the cheek woke me up. I woke up quickly.

"Eli" I said immediately.

Lovely grinned "She's still asleep" she replied. I was relieved to see her sleeping soundly. I even saw a basket of fruit on the table.

Lovely sat down next to me. "Here" she put a plastic on my lap, I peek inside it's a styrofoam with food. "You haven't eaten yet"

I held the plastic. She's right I haven't eaten since this morning. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It's already 1 pm. I slept for a few hours. I opened the styrofoam and immediately gasped at the sight of the food. I ate. I'm starving.

"Where is aunt?" I asked.

"Just came out talking someone on her cellphone"

I nodded while chewing.

"Gosh Eli is so stubborn" Lovely said softly looking at Eli. "This friday is the cheer dance and I'm not sure if I will join.. I don't want to leave Eli"

I let go of the plastic spoon and turned to Eli. "I also don't want to play, maybe she's just the only one on my mind" I said before continuing to eat.

"I'm also hesitating because our blockings will be chaotic and our school will fight for the trophy.. I don't want to embarrass our school"

I thought that too. She was right but if I was it's okay because there were many of us on the team and it was okay even if I didn't play, Drei could take my place.

"It will not be difficult to change because the sport fest is coming"

She shook her head "I don't want to leave him Zack.. And I know you don't want me to force you to play"

I set aside the styrofoam and drank the bottled water that Lovely also brought.

"You know Zack, I still can't believe it.. We just had fun yesterday, you can't really see or notice anything she is feeling. She's always smiling and teasing me and you" she sighed. I lower the bottle to my side. "I did not suspect her when we were in the field when she was out of balance.. Not only once but many times, when I was worried about her she would say Its a prank and laugh, sometimes when she goes to comfort room she doesn't want to be with me. If I only knew she was not joking when her head hurts.." Lovely stop, I saw her rubbing her eyes.

I sighed. "She's really good at hiding, even though I'm her bestfriend but she still hide it to me. She's always happy and joking so I don't know what to believe when she says something, I still have to ask her over and over again before finding out the truth"

We fell silent. Only breathing can be heard.

The door opened. Aunt Raquel.

"I'm sorry I talked to Eli's dad" she said. Then walk towards to Eli.

I adjusted my seat.

"It's okay auntie" Lovely said.

"Does uncle Juriel have a woman?" I asked. Aunt is turning her back on us while watching her child. Aunt stopped and slowly turned around.

She did not answer.

"Zack" Lovely called me.

Aunt sighed and approached us. She sat on the single sofa in the front. "Hmm" she nodded.

I did not speak. Lovely was surprised.

"For a long time, I didn't tell Eli because I wanted Juriel to say it on his own.. He said goodbye to Eli that he will went to states for work but the truth is he was with his woman. He got pregnant this woman... It hurts for me because he has a family but why he was still looking for someone else" bullets of tears is slowly forming on the side of her eyes. "It hurts more to hear that he said goodbye to Eli and say lie.. While Eli was happy while saying she wanted to see her father, I cried because my daughter Eli is hoping. And I am very angry with myself because it is my fault why Eli is here right now" she wiped away her tears but it continued to drip "She heard u-us, I'm talking to Juriel and she found out that her father had a woman"