Kililau & Kealohilani Part 4

Kamaile

After bidding farewell to Ha'ikū, Kililau and Manaleo, Alohi and Ho'omana followed Tutu Hali'i to the cliffs edge, overlooking the breadth of their aina. She decided to show Alohi a lesson she had planned on teaching her later, But chose this moment to do so, hoping that Ho'omana's presence would help subdue any feelings of fear or discomfort.

Without saying a word she placed a shield over the three of them. The shield was like a bubble and it protected them from the outside elements. The heat of the sun did not penetrate the shield, leaving them comfortable and with enough oxygen to last a while. It was more than just a physical shield, it protected them from everything and everyone. Alohi's eyes got bigger and her heart started to race, as she looked at her father. He gave her a look of calmness and peace, reaching for her hand. "Mai hopohopo" he instructed, telling her not to worry, trying to help calm her down. She took in a deep breath and exhaled, following her fathers instructions, eventually calming her heartbeat.

Tutu Hali'i's eyes were still fixated on the horizon before her, never straying from it, she was standing very still and had remained that way the entire time. After a minute of silence, she started explaining in their ancient language, what she was currently doing. A protection shield took skill to initiate and to hold in place. In any given moment, when a shield was needed, the person holding it in place, was using a massive amount of energy to do so. Releasing it, she turned to Alohi and continued. "Ka mea ino ma na wahi apau, pono oe e maka'ala i na mea, na wahi, ame na po'e apau."

She had given Alohi a very serious warning, that evil lurked everywhere so to always be alert and vigilante about things, places and people. Ho'omana's sentiments echoed his aunts, reminding her that this was all for her safety. Alohi nodded and listened intently understanding the lesson. Ho'omana then explained to her, that the calming technique, he had done on her, had to do with the transferral of energy, she had not even realized it was happening then. Further explaining to her that it's with intention, things are done. If your intention is bad, darkness will take hold, if your intention is good and true, there will be light surrounding you.

"Intention is the key," He repeated. There was sorrow in his voice, when he said that last part, Alohi could feel it. She held her dads hand and In that moment, she felt her mom's presence, surrounding them. Ho'omana had said these very words to Lilina once upon a time, it was deja vu.

"Ho'i mākou" Hali'i' smiled trying to change the somber mood, besides it was time for lunch.

Wainiha

Kililau performed his chores at lightning speed, leaving no stone unturned. He knew that with his father home, there was no way that he would be able to leave the house. He decided to be a good boy, for now, until he needed to cash in his good boy points.

After finishing in the Lo'I he headed to the pond to take a dip. Malanai noticed how diligent her son was and questioned Ha'ikū later that evening. "Aole wau maopopo" he shrugged, looking as clueless as she, but instinctively they both knew he was up to something. Still he laid low. Even excusing himself early from dinner for bed. Malanai thought he was being strange. Blowing out the candle on their nightstand she cuddled next to her husband but laid awake, deep in thought.

Kamaile

The next few days passed by slowly as Alohi acclimated to her new surroundings. She wasn't used to being away from the ocean but knew the mountain trails to the nearest waterfall and fresh water pond. She would have to be careful not to be caught by tutu Hali'i. After feeding the birds, she fixed herself something to eat and climbed onto the banyan tree to relax. The birds flew to her and perched upon the tree next to her, she smiled and sang them a tune.