Chapter 2: Graduation day

We then cut to Spike, Carly, and Kicker at their high school graduation ceremony (class of 2009). the three teens toss their caps into the air and hug each other before Bumblebee pulls up to the driveway in his Camaro mode honking his horn at the three graduates. Spike then tells his friends that he and Bumblebee were wondering if they could come to his Graduation party, since this will likely be the last time they ever get to see each other before life forces them to go their separate ways. Carly and Kicker decide to go with Spike and hop in the back of Bumblebee who takes the three on a drive through downtown Mission City passing by construction workers putting the finishing touches on a statue of the original five Autobots (Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Jazz) being erected in the middle of Mission city to commemorate their bravery for saving the Earth from the Decepticons two years ago. Spike is amazed by the Statue, and Bumblebee tells Spike that given how the Autobots saved the Earth from Megatron it's appropriate that Earthlings give them their due worship. Carly tells Bumblebee that the statue is wonderful, looking at the Jazz statue which makes her miss her dead Autobot partner followed by Spike looking at Carly telling her "not as wonderful as you" followed by the two sharing a kiss. Kicker then begins wondering what Ironhide is up to, followed by Carly making the sarcastic remark "probably watching more Clint Eastwood I imagine". Bumblebee then tells Kicker that Ironhide, Ratchet, and the rest of Team prime are busy hunting down remnants of the Decepticons around the world. they're kinda like world famous now. Spike then asks Bumblebee why he isn't off helping Team Prime, and Bumblebee explains to Spike that he chose to stay behind on his own accord to be Spike's guardian to protect him should the Decepticons ever return. Bumblebee then arrives at the Witwicky household where Spike has a happy reunion with his parents, Sarah hugging her son telling him that she's proud of her "little graduate", followed by Spike pushing his mom out of the way telling her that he's not a little kid anymore while Carly and Kicker both chuckle. Irving tells his wife to quit babying their son, telling her that he's a man now. Bumblebee then transforms into robot mode to greet the Witwickys, Sarah happy to see Bumblebee again. we then see a familiar dark red GMC Sierra pickup pull up to the witwicky household with Lennox, Epps, Burke, Donnelly, and Graham riding in the back, Kicker recognizing the pickup as Ironhide. the Commandos then step out of the back of Ironhide's truck mode followed by Ironhide transforming into robot mode, Ironhide telling Kicker "long time, no see". Kicker asks Ironhide if he's been watching more Clint Eastwood, followed by Ironhide showing off his cannons while quoting "improvise. adapt. overcome". Lennox then shakes hands with Irving Witwicky, telling the general that it's been a while. Irving then tells Lennox that he's been taking a time off from the military to spend more time with his family. Lennox tells Irving he understands, saying that he has a little girl at home. Bumblebee also has a happy reunion with Ironhide, as the two Autobots haven't seen each other in over two years. the humans then all enter Spike's house, Spike's parents surprising him with a graduation party they threw for their son. all his friends from school (besides Carly and Kicker) are there, along with several relatives and some of General Witwicky's old military buddies. Spike then gets some punch for himself, Carly, and Kicker and the three teens have a toast to their friendship before telling each other about what they plan on doing once they go to college: Kicker wants to try out for the college football team (typical for a jock character), Carly wants to pursue a degree in Automotive technology (because she wants to better help her dad at his auto repair shop and eventually take over the family business). Carly asks Spike what he plans on doing when he goes to college, but Spike is hesitant to answer. we then cut to General Witwicky and the commandos sitting on the couch sipping ice-cold beers while watching the news covering the recent battle of Shanghai on TV. Lennox tells General Witwicky that he was there, informing the General that the Decepticon the Autobots helped him and his team apprehend is currently in N.E.S.T. custody. Irving looks at the line-up of Autobots on the TV and turns his head to Lennox telling him that he only sees eight Autobots there, saying that he thought Team Prime had nine members. they're missing one. Lennox then tells the General "oh you mean Cliffjumper? yeah he's dead. killed in a shipping container explosion during the mission in Shanghai. Prime isn't too happy about it, goes to show you how deeply he cares about his teammates. the director of N.E.S.T. has been insisting on finding a replacement, and your kid's Camaro has a lot of potential", all the while Spike overhears their conversation.