Chapter 17

Next thing I know, I'm waking up under a bright yellow light. I open my eyes and I hear a familiar voice say "She's waking up!" It's Alex, and then I hear Alex and Eliza talking to me, "Are you okay?" I nod and smile, then I frown "Lena! Where's Lena?" I ask worriedly. I hear a door open and when I look over, I see Lena drop the bags she was holding and rush over to me. "Kara! Hey, your okay!" She says and then kisses my head and cheeks and lips and chin a lot. Alex and Eliza leave the room. I smile at her and say "I missed you" she smiles and then starts crying "I thought I lost you" I frown and then say "I'm okay, I'm here!" She smiles and then kisses me. I lift my arm to her neck and pull her closer. "How long was I out?" I asked after we stopped kissing. "Only a day, but it was scary" I nod and then say "So today is Friday?" She nods. "Yes! I can take you to the dance still!" She laughs and then kisses me again. A few hours later, I got to go home and by then it was 4:00 pm and the dance started at 6:00 pm. Alex and I rushed to our rooms, tried on a lot of dresses, and then finally got the right ones, put our shoes on, and did our hair. When we came out, Eliza got teary-eyed. She smiled and then said, "I have surprises!" I looked at Alex and we were both confused. She took us outside and showed us two cars. One was grey and the other was black! They were beautiful!