Forever with Boys (15)

Hiya :) So I wasn't gonna upload... But I didn't know how long I was actually gonna be in the writing mood so I wanted to take advantage of it and write a chap- if it's crappy or whatever, i'm sorry. Anyways, Zach is over like right now and he says hi ;) Enjoy!

“Hey, you ready?” Declan asked me. I looked up at him and nodded.

“Let me just grab my sunscreen,” I said.

He grinned and held up the bottle. “Got it,” he said. I smiled and grabbed it from him.

“Let’s go,” I said. We walked out back to his pool and he pulled off his shirt. I tried not to look and averted my eyes. I busied myself with applying the sunscreen on myself.

“Hey, can you get my back?” Declan asked. I gulped and looked at him nervously.

“Sure,” I said in a squeaky voice. He smiled and sat in front of me. I squeezed some product into my hands and, with shaky hands, applied it on his back.

His skin was so tan and smooth, yet muscular. Without knowing it, I traced his indents. He shivered and it brought me out of my reverie.

“All good?” he asked, his voice somewhat husky.

“Yeah,” I squeaked. I blushed despite myself.

He got up in one quick motion and I tried to, but it didn’t end up as gracefully.

“Alright, let’s get started before it’s too late,” he said. I nodded and slowly descended into the pool. My breaths were getting a bit quicker. I still haven’t completely calmed myself over my fear just yet.

“It’s fine,” he assured me, taking my hand, which for some reason, made me feel a bit safer.

I smiled at him and let him help me in. My body was now in the water and I was trying to calmly kick to keep myself floating.

“Alright, hold onto the edge,” he said. I did as he told and held on. “Now, on the count of three, you’re going to go underwater and hold your breath. Just come up when you need air.”

I felt myself starting to panic. What if I drown?