Forever with Boys (Epilogue)

This is the last part :( Cue the tears.... Anywho, I hope you like it. Personally, I think it's not my best and if I must say, a little awkward...? IDK, it feels a bit dragged but I hope you guys like it anyways :) Enjoy!

Next up: Deleted Scenes

“We are gathered here…” the priest was droning on. But I tuned out. All I could focus on was the man that stood across from me, looking as handsome as he did 6 years ago. The 22 year old me loved him just as much as the 16 year old me did, maybe even more.

“I do.”

“I do.”

“I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride,” the priest announced.

My eyes flitted to the now married couple, Luke and Addie. Shocking? It was for me too. Apparently, the hooked up at a college party 2 years ago and with Luke promising to be a responsible dad when Addie told him there was a chance she was pregnant, we all knew he had changed his ways and Addie accepted him into her life. Turns out, Addie wasn’t really pregnant, but Luke and her still stayed together.

What happened to Evan? Well, he had moved elsewhere for college and Addie and him had kept up a 2 years long distance relationship before calling it quits due to stress. I guess that’s why she got so drunk that one party and ended up sleeping with Luke. Not that she regretted it much, she was happy with Luke now.

*

“A toast to the married couple,” Declan said as he just finished his best man speech. He went on about being happy for him and glad that he changed his ways and that he hoped they would be together forever. I couldn’t really focus on the words coming out as he was looking so perfect under the spotlight given to him.

Sometimes it feels like a dream that he’s still mine. We’d been dating for 6 years now. He did propose to me on my graduation day, but I turned him down. Why? Because I didn’t want to rush things. I know I love him and he knows it. He loves me and I know it. We’re just taking life one step at a time and if marriage is at the end of it, then I’ll agree to marry him.

“So, when are you going to finally become my sister in law?” Addie asked me. Her face was glowing with happiness. I looked over in the direction she was looking at and saw Luke and Declan chatting up a storm.

I shrugged. “I feel like we’re still really young. I mean, I’m 22 and he’s 23, we have forever in this world to get married,” I said.

“True, but he’s going to find out you’re pregnant if you refuse to drink,” she said, raising an eyebrow. I elbowed her.

“I’m not pregnant,” I hissed.

“There’s a chance though, right? You’ve been humping each other like monkeys and you missed your period a month ago,” she said.

I sighed. There could be a chance, but I didn’t want to think about it. It was just a suspicion.

“I think my brother deserves to know, Ever,” Addie said.

“I’ll tell him when I’m sure,” I said.

“Ever, you took a pregnancy test and it turned out positive, how much more proof do you need?” she asked.

“A doctor’s confirmation,” I said.

“Ever, we both know you are,” she whispered as the guys made their way over.

“Hey, can I steal Ever away?” Declan asked.

“Sure,” Addie said.

Declan took my hand and lead me to the middle of the dance floor. He swayed with me easily. My head rested on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.