FaceTime

POV Meaghan

A week has passed since Kate added me on Snapchat. We talk everyday and we FaceTime whenever we get the chance. I've never met her in person, but somehow it feels as though I've known her my whole life. I feel safe around her. There's this kind of closeness that I've never had with anyone else, even when she's 11 hours away. She's my best friend, and even though it's only been a week, I can't remember my life before her. I'm really hoping nothing messes this up. Sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me and I get too hard to deal with. People promise they won't leave, but in the end they always do. I don't think Kate would do anything to hurt me, but I didn't think anyone else would either. I never know until it's too late. I'm glad we're just friends. Everyone I talk to just wants to get with me. Sometimes all I need is a best friend. I've got Erica and Bella and everyone, and I love all my friends equally, but Kate and I have something deeper. She's like my platonic soul mate.

POV Kate

Meg and I have been friends for a week, but it feels like a lifetime. I can't imagine losing her. She's always careful about what she says, no one's been like that before. If she ever said or did something that hurt me, or anyone for that matter, she'd beat herself up over it. She's the most genuine, kind, caring person I've ever met. And that's the thing, we've never met. Yet somehow she knows me better than anyone. Kylie and I are going to Chicago to see Kasper, maybe I can meet Meg too. I can't stop thinking about her. When I'm at work, when I'm hanging out with friends, when I'm trying to sleep. There's this connection that I don't have with anyone else. I've liked Meg since the day I saw her on my for you page, but I don't know if she feels the same way. What we have is definitely special, but in what way?