Sea Sick

POV: Meg

What the hell possessed me to do that? Kate's my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't have feelings for her. This is a dangerous game and I don't want to play it. If I get hurt, it's one thing, but I'll never forgive myself if I hurt Kate. She's a blessing in disguise and she deserves the world. She sees me as some confident bad ass, but here I am, standing in front of the mirror, freaking out because I kissed my best friend.

Suddenly, my stomach flips and I'm on my knees, blowing chunks into the toilet. Kate heard and came into the bathroom to hold my hair back when I puked. When I finally quit vomiting, I looked up at her. I could see how much she cared. She looked worried, scared almost. She got a towel and wiped off my face. She pulled me in and held me. I rested my head on her chest and she rubbed my back. There we were, sitting on the bathroom floor, and she still manages to be perfect. I feel at home with her. Maybe I do have feelings for her, but I can't tell her. I can't ruin this. I can't lose her.

POV Kate

"Let's get you in bed, you need to rest, for real this time." I tell Meg, sick with alcohol poisoning. She looks miserable. All I want is to make her feel better. She got up off the bathroom floor and we went to our room.

"What time is it?" She asked. I look down at my phone and see that it's already 4:30.

"4:30. Are you gonna want to eat dinner anytime soon?" I grabbed a water bottle and put it on her night stand as she got in bed. I noticed she had vomit all over her shirt.

"Probably not. Are you staying in here?" I don't want to over step, but I also don't want to leave her alone.

"Yes, I'm gonna stay by your side the whole time. Let's change your shirt. " She's still a little drunk, but she's also half asleep. I picked out a clean shirt for her and helped her take her old one off. As I was handing her the clean shirt, my hand accidentally grazed her stomach. We made eye contact and I pulled my hand away, embarrassed. She stood up, forgetting about the shirts. I took a step back, but she gently grabbed my arm and slowly pulled me closer. She put her hand on my waist, never breaking eye contact. Our faces were an inch apart. Her breath smelled of alcohol, which is when I remembered that she's drunk.

"What are you doing?" I waited for an answer.

She put her forehead on mine and whispered "I want you."

I've been waiting for this, but it's just not right. She's my best friend, and despite my feelings for her, I'm not going to take advantage of her while she's intoxicated. It's disrespectful, not to mention, illegal. "Meaghan, you're drunk. You don't want me, it's just the alcohol talking. Besides, you can't give consent while you're drunk. Put your shirt on and get some sleep. I'll lay right next to you, I'm not going anywhere."

She looked shocked at first, but she quickly changed her clothes and got into bed. I put my arms around her and rubbed her stomach until she fell asleep. This was mine and Kylie's last day in Illinois, and while I don't mind spending it taking care of drunk Meg, it's not how I thought today would go.

_______________________________________

Do you guys like the longer updates or should I stick to the shorter ones? Also should I have a posting schedule or just upload whenever I can?