Talking Stage

POV Kate:

I met this girl named Jayden at the subway by my work while I was on lunch break last week. We're moving really fast, but I think I really like her. She invited me to hang out with her and her friends at her house tonight. I told Meg about her last night, and maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but she seemed kind of upset. I don't know why she would be, I know for a fact she doesn't like me. I wonder if she still thinks of me as a sister. I giggled at the thought of that, only Meg would sister zone someone. She's such a goof ball. Speaking of Meg, I should FaceTime her before I go to Jayden's for dinner.

"Hi Bubba, how was your day?" She looks absolutely exhausted. She probably had a long day at work. It's only 5:45 her time so I doubt she wants to go to bed just yet.

"It was okay." She was oddly quiet today. Usually she'd be telling me a story or trying to make me laugh. She looks like she really needs a hug. It's Wednesday, so the week's halfway over... and I have some money saved up... Without saying another word, I looked up flights to Illinois for this weekend. "Water do Kate? You've barely said a word."

"Oh nothing, I'm just getting ready to go to Jayden's house." She broke eye contact with the camera and fidgeted with her hoodie string.

"What's wrong bean? Is everything okay?" She finally looked back at the camera.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm gonna go take a shower. Talk to you later." She hung up before I could say bye. She never does that.

"Kylie, can you come in here please?" I shouted into the hallway, hoping Kylie's door was open so she could here me. A few seconds later, Kylie's standing in front of the doorway rubbing her eyes. She was wearing a black bleach tie dye hoodie with grey sweat pants. She had the hood on and the draw strings tied so she looked like a little caterpillar.

"What do you want? I just woke up from a nap." Of course she did.

"A nap? Kylie, it's 7:00 at night. You need to get your sleep schedule figured out. Anyways, I've got some extra money and Meg seems like she really needs a hug. Wanna fly to Illinois with me this weekend to see Meg and Kasper?" Suddenly she was wide awake.

"Is that even a question? Of course I do!" We sat on my bed and started looking at tickets for our flight.

_______________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter, I had an ungodly amount of homework tonight and I'm quite honestly ready to yeet myself off a bridge <3 this chapter definitely isn't my best and I'm not proud of it, but I'm too stressed to come up with anything good. I also said I'd post another chapter last night but I just didn't get around to it. I'll be posting a lot this weekend, I'm hoping to get 4 new chapters up by Monday, and they're definitely gonna be better quality than this one. Love you guys.