Late Nigt Drive Pt. 2

***Trigger warning: blood, hospitals, graphic descriptions and mania***

(This chapter is really long so sorry in advance. )

POV Meg

"Meaghan can you hear me? I love you so much and I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. Please wake up, I need my baby girl." I forced myself to open my eyes, and once they got adjusted, I saw my mom standing over me. It took me a second, but I recalled what happened. The last thing I remembered was being lifted onto a gurney.

I tried to talk but my mouth wouldn't move. That's when I realized I had an oxygen mask on. I looked around and saw my mom and Kasper. Where the fuck is Kate? I need to see her. I ripped the oxygen mask off and tried to stand up. I was in an insane amount of pain but nothing was gonna stop me from seeing her. I clenched my ribs and yelled "Where's Kate? Is she alive? I need her, I can't do this without her!" Kasper rushed to my side and grabbed my shoulders.

"Meg, you need to lay down and rest, you're in no condition to be walking right now." She tried to stay calm, but I could sense the worry in her voice. I resisted her hold and began to walk, but I didn't realize there was an IV in my arm until I almost pulled it out. Fuck that hurt. I looked at my other arm and saw a black cast. What happened to me? That's not important. I grabbed the IV cart and tried to walk out of the room, but a team of doctors rushed in and took hold of me. I kicked and screamed. "I need to see Kate!" I repeated. I broke down in tears and slid to the floor. "Please, I need to see her. This is all my fault. I need to know that she's safe. Please!" They put a needle in my shoulder and I immediately relaxed. They moved me back onto the bed and put my oxygen mask back on. Kasper stood next to me, trying not to make it too obvious that she was crying.

"Hi Meg, how are you feeling?" I looked to my left and saw Kate walk in. I couldn't talk, but I perked up and held my hand out. She walked closer, and that's when I realized it wasn't Kate, it was Kylie. Disappointed, I laid back down. Kylie stood next to Kasper and they comforted each other. Whatever medicine they put in me to calm me down was making me exhausted. My mom moved closer to me, still crying.

"I love you honey, make sure you get some rest. I'll see you soon and I'll bring you some fresh clothes." I reached up and wiped her tear. I had an oximeter on my index finger, so wiping the tear was a little challenging. I hate seeing my mother like this. I know I'm not supposed to talk, but I removed my oxygen mask anyways.

"Mom..."

"Don't talk baby, put the mask back on." I didn't listen.

"Mom... I love you. I'm gonna... Be fine.." I closed my eyes and laid my head on my shoulder. She kissed my hand and walked away. I sat up as soon as she left the room, turning to Kasper and Kylie.

"I love you guys... Take care of Kate for me.." I laid back down and Kasper put the mask back on me, letting out a big sob.

"I'll stay with Meg tonight, go get some rest." Kasper kissed Kylie on the cheek and set on the chair as Kylie left the room. It was just me and Kasper in the hospital room. I took the mask off again. "Meg you really need to stop taking that thing off."

"I'm a savage." I muttered. She let out a soft laugh and put her hand on mine.

"Hang in there buddy. I know you're gonna make it." I was so sick of people acting like I'm dying. Maybe I am, but that's the least of my concerns right now. I need to see Kate.

"Where's Kaitlyn. I need... to see her... now." Kasper sighed and gave me a sad look. Did she... No. She can't be...
"What's... Wrong..?" I really need to stop talking, but I need to find Kate even more.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this, but Kate's in surgery. Her lung collapsed. She should be out soon, but I don't know when you'll be able to see her." I began to cry. This was all my fault. Kasper stood up and gently hugged me. "You're both gonna be just fine." I knew she didn't believe that. I didn't either. I need to see her if it's the last thing I do.