Chapter 3

~Sunshine mixed with a little hurricane~

Kingide's POV

Tyro and Amour were scrawling ideas and plans down on a A2 sheet of plain paper because we only had an hour left before we must tell Blake our plan. Whenever someone tried to help them, they shooed them away, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. "I'm calling Blake, so while you psychos' scrawl and scribble I'm going to give him the actual plan" I sighed and stood up to go to the phone, "What is the plan?" Eustace asked, "Send us to the most recent abduction site and let us scout around for clues". Dakari, Domonic and Eustace approved of my idea whilst the 2 crazy boys were still planning some idea that wasn't going to happen anymore.

I told Blake everything I planned and he agreed, when I made it back to the living room Amour screamed "I got it!", I stifled a laugh as I decided to play along, "You got what?". "I got a brilliant idea..." he continued, he explained in very long detail about his twisty-turny plan whilst I zoned out in my chair, it was basically my plan but explained in a complicated way, "Wow you are such a genius" Domonic purred sarcastically, Tyro looked over at me and saw me holding back a laugh, he sighed and tutted like he knew what I had done, "Sorry Amour, this snake has already told Blake a plan" Tyro hissed, whist gesturing to me. I simply put on a dry smile and waved at Amour, whilst he looked like he was going to explode. He took 3 exaggerated breaths before sitting down on a couch and gesturing for me to explain my plan, "It's basically your plan just dumbed down a little" I shrugged, he gave a nod, stood up and left the room.

Domonic followed him, to make sure he was ok, I guess. Eustace and Dakari soon left leaving me with the brooding monster, Tyro. Tired of sitting in the uncomfortable silence, I stood up and went to the training room. "Want to duo the simulation machine again?" Tyro asked dryly probably not caring about my response, I shrugged and followed him. After putting it on the hardest he came into the room, I realised that both of us were still wearing our outfits provided by Blake, it will be good practice. "Let's not fight each other this time" I commented and with a chuckle and nod from Tyro, we commenced.

Fighting beside Tyro was a very magical experience, I flipped over him as he slid under me as we both shot our guns in the opposite direction to each other, and in doing this eliminating 10 holograms in a single second. He raced through the holograms quickly switching from his gun to katanas, as I threw my knives and all meeting their mark. Within 3 minutes we had cleared the simulation with flying colours but also sweating like pigs. "That was awesome" I breathed tiredly, "Of course it was, but you could've done better" he riposted, dampening my mood. I gave him an eye roll and left to head back to my room, what crawled up his butt and died?

After showering and wearing a long shirt and shorts that reached my knees, I was ready for bed. I sat down on my bed with my feet on the ground. I placed my weapons in the draw and hung up my outfit in the closest. I was lost in my thoughts, again.

Training till my blood and sweat drenched my body, fighting for a cause I didn't believe in, getting yelled at and beaten by my leader whenever I did something wrong, watching me and all the other children train so hard we almost broke, most did. I wish I weren't as strong as I am so that I could break too, break into a million pieces and rest peacefully in my grave. But I didn't, I kept going on, living on the lie that one day I will see my family again, though that day never came because it never could. An empty promised made by the one that manipulated me into becoming a monster, he killed my family the day he took me, without my knowledge and used them as bait for me to keep going. When I found out... I vowed to put him in the grave next to them. A vow I'm yet to fulfil yet still hopeful. One day.

I snapped out of my morbid thoughts as a knock came to the door followed by it being pushed open. Tyro. I didn't bother reciting our daily lines whenever he came into my room without my permission, "get out" I declared and lay down on my bed with my back facing him. "Wow someone is in a bad mood" he retorted with his annoying humourless laugh, he gripped me by my arm and pulled me out of bed, I came crashing on the floor in front of him, he squat down in front of me "I need to talk to you", "well I don't want to talk to you" I hissed back as I grabbed his ankle and pulled it from under him. "You're going to regret that" he remarked.