«15- Into ice»

«Byakuya Togami»
"MAKOTO!"
I seize his hood, pulling him back up. I struggle to hold on, the soft material sliding away.
"I won't let you fall!" I yell, but every second, he slips further away. I need to act, I need to pull him up, I need to stop being so WEAK.
"Ghhh-" pulling as hard as I can, I keep going. I'm so close-
Tearrrr
The hoodie pulls off, and Makoto's limp body plummets down after them.
"MAKOTO-" I scream. Without thinking, I get ready to jump. I will myself forward, but my legs refuse, fear choking me. Just jump! What do you have to lose?
I step into ice.

Falling.

Falling, with my heart in my mouth, the world a blue blur.

"M
A
K
O
T
O"

"A
A
A
H"

SPLASH

(We about to ignore physics😳🤪)

Water cloaks me, pulling me into the depths. The silence is intoxicating, and my tired bones just want to give up, sink to the bottom, but I remember Makoto. I can't lose him again.

There he is- flailing in the water, his movements sluggish, creating explosions of bubbles. I slide forwards, teeth clenched. Weak lungs gasp and scream for air, but I force forwards, Makoto between my arms, his features closed in a smile. He's given up. Resigned himself to death.

But I'm too stubborn to stop.

I swim up, kicking, pushing, pulling, stronger than I have ever been in my life. The surface S t r e t c h e S up, a million miles away.

Come on whispers Makoto's voice in my ear.

You won't make it hisses my fathers voice

Faster!

You're so fucking weak

You're not weak. You can do it. I know you can.

I

Can

Make

It!

Gasping, i muddle over to the bank, dragging us onto it. The mud covers my face, my glasses smeared and ruined. All I can do is reach for Makoto.
"Wake up. Please wake up." My voice cracks like a child's. I start frantic chest compressions,  harder and harder, dragging my aching arms to comply.
"B- Byakuya?"
"Makoto!" 
Makoto blinks once, then bursts into tears.
"I-I couldn't- save her!" He gasps.
"We don't even know it was her." I pant. Makoto rubs his eyes, shivering. I pull him up, carrying him in my arms. It's tiring, but eventually we make it back up to the bridge. He pulls his hoodie onto him, and his phone falls to the floor with a clatter.
"Uh, Byakuya."
"Yes?"
"I-I-"
I snatch the phone, staring at the screen.
👤:I have Sayaka Maizano hostage. If you want to see her again, come to the train station at 3:00 am tomorrow.