Cheater!Writer!Levi x Reader - Vermillion - [AU]

Some women just have qualities that are noticed almost immediately. Whether it's their eyes, their hair, their laugh, or their smile, some women just have certain attributes that shine above everyone else in the room. She, on the other, had so many things that popped out that it was hard to single out just what exactly drew him in. He first remembered her at a bar, sitting alone with a head full of thoughts. A crimson dress hugged her frame while ruby lips brought her flawless face to life. How such a beautiful creature could have such sorrowful eyes was beyond him. Timidly, he placed himself on the bar stool next to her, promptly ordering strong liquor to calm himself from a long day.

   Each bar fly has their own story to tell, a reason for them to need alcohol. Some came to party, some came to relax, some came to think, and others came in to drown out whatever thoughts troubled them. Levi was strangely skilled at reading people, yet her intentions of coming here looking like a movie star were so undefined to him. Had she had a rough day at work? Had she just been laid off? Had her mother just passed away? Normally, he wasn't one to care about such things; yet he found himself completely infatuated with this woman. The only way to find the secrets she held, was to ask.

   "Tell me, what's a girl like you all dressed up for in a shithole like here?"

   "Why the fuck should my clothing matter to you, rude stranger?"

   "I was just curious dipshit. The whole red thing is kinda hard to overlook."

   "You have a lot of gall to be calling someone you don't even know dipshit. Jackass."

What a witty and feisty one she was. He liked her already.

   "The name's Levi."

   "Good for you."

   "Aren't you going to tell me your name dumbass?"

   "Why should my name matter?"

   "Tch. Goddamn you're tough. I was just trying to be formal and shit and say nice to meet you."

"I'm just not in a great mood right now. But nice to meet you too I guess."

        "Next rounds on me then. I thought you look like you had a shitty day. What happened?"

Feminine digits were wrapped around the liquor glass as she lifted it up to those velvety scarlet lips of hers. Her eyes met his as she downed a bit more of the fiery liquid, her brain's static dulling a bit.

        "My husband left me today."

   "Ah...I'm sorry to hear that. That's pretty shitty."

   "Tell me about it. The asshole took me out for dinner on our wedding anniversary. He ended up just dumping me there without any signals or warnings. I don't even know how to feel."

        "Be happy, that fucktard is out of your life now. Move on and do some better shit."

   "Feelings for someone don't disappear overnight. I don't even know what to do with my life. Recently, whenever I've looked in the mirror...I don't even see my reflection anymore."