Levi x Reader - Wahn

The sound of heavy inhales and exhales were all that filled the room as the couple waited endlessly. His white button up clung to his chest due to the mix of perpetration and humidity in the thick air. He was ready now. The fate of what awaited him was finally not another anxiety left to swirl around in his thoughts. After all, she was there with him, her soft hand resting on his shoulder. Although silent, he quiet enjoyed the touch of the one he loved so. It was the final "it's going to be okay" confirmation that he needed at the moment. Kissing her lips was something he'd rather enjoy at the moment, but decided against it fear of being awkward.

    "How are you feeling?" 

Feline eyes glanced up at his lover, her words being music to his ears.

    "I'm fine."

    She nodded in affirmation, looking down at her short lover with almost sorrowful eyes. There were so many things she wanted to tell him: so many things felt like they needed to be said. She just stood there though, her gaze tender as ever.

    "(First)."

    "Hm?"

    "I have something I want to ask you."

    "What is it Levi?"

    "What do you think is worse- to die as a hero, or live as a monster?"

A curious brow was raised at the raven-haired man, her mouth slightly agape due to the odd question. 

    "Huh...I guess dying as a hero, right?"

Her husband simply grunted in response, the woman never breaking the same loving look.

    The pair soon became distracted when a tall blonde man entered the room, a brunette woman following at his side. This blonde man looked like someone you wouldn't want to mess with; his stature and stern features gave off an intimidating look. The woman, on the other hand, looked a bit more sociable. A small smile graced her lips as loose locks dangled from her ponytail. She still seemed rather sophisticated though, carrying a clipboard and sporting a lab coat. The couple that had been waiting seemed to be familiar to the pair; they didn't appear too fazed by their presence.

    "Good morning Levi." the blonde spoke kindly.

    "Morning."