Getting to know the newbies

Kokichi's POV

"Where were you?", asked Maki. "Teacher gave me a tutor. Things are gonna get interesting", I told her. "Also, child caregiver?"
Maki looked away. "Do you really think I would've been accepted into this school if I were an assassin?" I shrugged.
"Hey, uh, Maki was it?" I turned around and saw Kaito. "Who's asking?", she replied. "Kaito Momota. Just wanted to welcome you to Hope's Peak!"
"Of course you did, lover boy", I thought. "Ah, Kokichi! There you are! I was wondering if you could help me?", said Kiibo. "With what?" The robot walked closer and showed Miu clinging to his arm. "Such advanced technology", she said with a dreamy expression.
"Wait, he knows you?", asked Kaito, gesturing to Kiibo. "Yeah. And Maki too. We went to the same middle school", I lied. Kaito then looked at Maki. "Was he the same way he is now back then?" Maki looked at me. I just nodded. "Yes."
"Wow. I feel sorry for you. He's a real troublemaker!" "Thanks for the compliment, boomer", I joked. "I'm not a boomer!" "Calling me a troublemaker is a boomer thing to do."
Steam was fuming from Kaito's ears. He looked at Maki and calmed down. "Anyway, Maki, wanna join us for lunch?" She looked at me, and I nodded. "Sure." "Great! See you at the cafeteria!" Kaito walked off. I looked at Maki. "Seems like you've got a secret admirer." Maki glared at me. "Do you wanna die?" I just laugh it off. No way she's gonna kill me. Not unless she gets paid, obviously. That actually makes me curious how high my bounty is.

We arrived at the cafeteria and sit at Kaito's table. Shuichi, Kaede, Tenko, Angie and Himiko were there too.
The spot next to Himiko was open so I sat there. "What do you think you're doing here", hissed Tenko. "Come on. Himiko is my tutor, so it makes sense that I have to have contact with her." Everyone's eyes widened. "I'm not surprised Kokichi needs tutoring, but by Himiko?", said Shuichi. "Life is full of surprises, detective", I reply. "Tell me about it! I mean, look at what I've got!", said Miu, who was still clinging to Kiibo. Looks like he got himself a girlfriend.

Himiko's POV

While we were having lunch, we got to know Maki and Kiibo a bit more. "So you don't like kids?", asked Kaede. "Yes", answered Maki. "But they like you?" "Yes." "And you're the ultimate child caregiver?", asked Shuichi. "Yes." "Well, personally, I think Maki's doing a great thing. Even if she hates them, she takes good care of kids!", said Kaito.
"Stop kissing ass, wannabe", Kokichi said. "Wannabe?", asked Maki. "Kaito here is called an astronaut, when he hasn't even to space!" I smack his shoulder, since he was being rude. Kaito was blushing and scratched the back of his head. "Well, it's going to happen someday."
"It's nice to have confidence, Kaito", said Kiibo. We all looked at him confused. "You sure you're a robot? You seem to have a lot of emotion for one", I said. "That's because I'm a more advanced robot. I was built to express human emotions." "Wow. I would love to meet the person who invented you", said Miu.

The rest of the day went normally. We hanged out with Kiibo and Maki and got to know them more. Finally, the time came where we had to go home.
"So, am I coming to your place?" I turned around and saw Kokichi. I nearly forgot I was supposed to tutor him. "Sure. I don't see why not." Kokichi giggled. "Great! It would be nice to nice to find any blackmail I could use on you for future reference." "Nyeh?!" I blushed. "You know, you look pretty cute when you blush like that." I went even more red. Was Kokichi Ouma flirting with me?
"Oh well, better go. We don't want to waste any more time." And with that, me and my temporary student walked to my house.
I suddenly felt his hand hold mine. "Nyeh? What are you doing?" "Why, protecting you of course! The streets are a dangerous place." "But why hold my hand?" "Isn't that what people do to protect others?" I was at a loss for words. Me and Kokichi walked to my house, with our hands intertwined.
To be honest, I actually enjoyed holding his hand.