Please wake up

Himiko's POV

It's all my fault. I keep telling myself that. But that's because it's true. It is because of me that Kokichi is in the hospital in a coma.
"Himiko..." I didn't raise my head. Not that it was needed, because I already know who it was that was talking to me.
Tenko.
"Look, Himiko, it's not your fault..." "Yes it is! The bullet was going for me! Kokichi jumped in front of me! We were all at that place because of me! How is it not my fault?!"
I sensed Tenko leave. I buried my face into my hands. "I don't deserve to be with him."

Kaito's POV

I was at the hospital, sitting beside Kokichi with Maki. "I hope he wakes up soon", I say.
"Me too", says Maki.
I looked at her and see she appeared anxious. "Look, Maki, about what happened at the warehouse..."
"Don't." "Huh?" "I get it. You don't want to see me anymore. Because I'm a killer. A murderer. Who would want to be with someone like that?"
"I would."
I grab Maki's hand. "Listen, Makiroll. I don't care if your an assassin. I mean, look at me! I'm the ultimate astronaut, yet I've never been in space!" "What's your point, Kaito?"
"What I'm saying is, your talent doesn't make you who you are. I like you for you. I love you for you." I looked at Maki and noticed a blush on her face.
"I-idiot." "Yeah. Your idiot." Then the unexpected happened. I watched as Maki jumped towards me, and then felt her lips on mine. It was... nice.

Himiko's POV

A week. That's how long it's been. A week. A week since Kokichi was shot. A week where I had to live without his smile or his arms wrapped around me.
I couldn't even bring myself to go back to my basement and perform a spell. I couldn't do anything. It wasn't worth it if Kokichi wasn't here to see it.
Every night, I would cry myself to sleep, and pray that Kokichi would wake up.

It was another boring day at school. The class was quiet, because there was no one to make a few jokes.
The day came to an end. I was about to walk back home, until I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. It was Kaito's.
"Hey, Himiko." "What is it?" "Me and Maki were gonna go visit Kokichi. We were just wondering if you wanted to come along too."
A part of me didn't want to. I hated seeing Kokichi in his current state. But after today, I need to see his face. I need to assure myself that a person as good and funny as him exists.
"S-sure."

Me, Kaito, and Maki arrived at the hospital. I walked up the stairs, anxiety taking over me. I didn't want to see Kokichi, but I also wanted to. It's all so complicated. I just couldn't bare it.
We arrived at Kokichi's room. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open.
I walked over to the bed and sat next to it. "Hey, Kokichi."
Silence.
"Oh. Right. You can't answer me. Need to get used to that", I said, as I wipe a small tear from my eye. I take his hand, and gently squeeze it.
"Kokichi, if you can hear me, then please. Please, wake up. I miss you. I just wanted someone to hold. Someone to hug. Someone to kiss! So please, cone back to me. I... I love you."
Tears were flowing from my eyes.
My sobbing stopped when I heard a small giggle. I looked up to see a smile on Kokichi's face.
"I'm sorry! It's just, I couldn't keep the act up anymore!" He was laughing. Kokichi was awake. And laughing.
I slap his face. "Ow! What was that for?" "You idiot! Pretending to be in a coma? You're a dick, you know that?!" Kokichi looked sorry.
"Hey, I'm sorry, okay? It was just a joke."
I felt his hand on mine. I looked at his face, and saw a smile only I could see. A sympathetic smile. A friendly smile.
My emotions took control as I lunged forward and kissed him hard.
"I missed you."
Kokichi hugged me tight.
"I missed you more."