We need to help him

Himiko's POV

I wasn't paying that much attention in class today, mainly because of what happened yesterday.
I looked at Kokichi and see him smiling his usual smile. But I knew that was just a fake. Deep down, he is suffering, all because of his father.

Timeskip to after class

I decide to find Maki and Kiibo, since they're childhood friends of Kokichi. "Himiko, where are you going?", asked Tenko, who was following me with Angie.
I look in the distance and see one of the two people I'm looking for: Maki.
"Maki!" She turned around and looked at me. It was then that I noticed Kaito was with her. "Where's Kiibo?", I asked. Maki gestured to the door next her. The boy's bathroom. "He's hiding from Miu", explained Kaito.
"Did I hear my name?", asked the Kiibo, as he peeked out the door. "So, Himiko. Why did you call me?" I take a deep breath. "Do you know about Kokichi?"
Everyone looked at me questionably. "Know what?" "You know, about his dad?" They still didn't understand. He probably never told them too. "Himiko, what's going on?" I take another deep breath. "Kokichi's being abused."
Everyone looked at me with shocked expressions. "By his dad?" I nod. "His mom died a year ago."
They all looked sad. Kokichi is the class clown, always making jokes and causing trouble. To know someone like him has such a life is enough to leave everyone feeling sorry. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's help the sucker out!", exclaimed Kaito. We looked at him, obviously looking for an answer to what he was saying.
"No one deserves to live a life like that! So we're gonna help him out!" "How? His dad could be way ahead of us. And we're just kids!", I protested. "Damn. You're right."
"I could help." We all turn around and see Shuichi. "I'm a detective after all. I can gather up enough evidence to stop Kokichi's father dead in his tracks."
"Atta boy, Shuichi! Now let's go help our friend!", exclaimed Kaito. "Our friend?", asked Tenko. "Well, yeah! Himiko's our friend, and any friend if her's is a friend of ours." "That was so cheesy", said Maki. "But I agree."
I heard Tenko sigh. "Fine. I'll help the degenerate male." "Atua says we should always help those in need", said Angie.
"Count me in", said Kiibo, who walked out the bathroom.
I felt so happy. I only wanted to talk to Kiibo and Maki, but everyone else got involved, and now they're planning to help Kokichi, when that wasn't exactly my plan. But I'm not complaining.
"Alright! Let's go!", exclaimed Kaito. We all walked onward. I was then stopped by Maki. "Himiko, I need you to be honest with me."
"Nyeh?" "Do you like Kokichi?" I blushed. "What do you mean?" "Are you in love with him?" I was completely flustered. "What?! Why would you think that?!" Maki crossed her arms. "The way you talked about him. Your voice had concern in it, but not for a friend, but for someone who's more than that. So, do you like Kokichi?"
I thought about what Maki said. "Do I have a crush on him?" "To be honest Maki, I'm not so sure myself." Maki gave me look saying she understood.
"By the way, what's Kaito's favorite color?" I looked at her confused. "Um, purple. Why?" "Just curious", she said. I then noticed a small blush appear on her face. I now knew what was going on. "But just be yourself. He likes that too."
Maki looked at me confused, but before she could say anything, I walked onward, trying to catch up with the others.