Moving in

Kokichi's POV

I entered the headquarters pf D.I.C.E., and, as usual, got surrounded by my recruits.
"Boss! Where've you been?!", asked Tsukasa. "Things got busy. But I'm back now." "What things? Does it have anything to do with that magic girl?", asked Yuri, who looked angry for some reason.
"Kinda. As for why I'm here, it's because me and my family are moving." "What?!" "Don't worry. It's only a different house, not a different town. I'll still be around. Now then, let's go plan a heist, shall we?"
I walked to my study, only to be followed by Yusuke. "Sir, what's going on with you and that magician girl?" "Nothing, Yusuke. Why?" "It's just... I was worried you were getting soft. A leader such as yourself needs to be strong and independent to lead us."
I laugh to myself at how Yusuke tried to sound motivational. "Nothing is going on with me and that girl. Honest!"
I turned back to my plans. "Hey, Yusuke. How about you take over the planning. I've gotta get home and pack for my move. See ya!"

Timeskip

I stood in front of Kaito's house. It had white walls and a dark purple roof. The door opened and out came Kaito.
"Kokichi! Hey buddy! You made it!" He escorted me inside his home. "Grandma! Grandpa! He's here!" An elderly couple came into the room. "Oh, so you must be Kaito's little friend. We've heard if your situation, but no need to worry! Our house is your home, now", said the elderly lady.
I bow slightly. "Thank you mrs..." "Momota. Kaito's father was our son." Me and Kaito walk up the stairs to my new room.
"Here we are!", said Kaito, swinging the door open. It was kinda empty, except for a bed, window and desk.
"You can start unpacking if you want. I'll call you when dinner is ready."
I put my bags down and start unpacking for about two minutes. "Kokichi! Dinner's ready!" I leave my new room and go to the dining room. It looked... good.
"Kokichi? You okay man?", asked Kaito. "Yeah, it's just... I haven't seen food this good before, because of, you know..."
Kaito put a hand in my shoulder. "It's all okay now, Kokichi. You can have a great life here." I give him one of my signature smiles. "I already have a great life! Everywhere I go, there's fun to be had!" Kaito laughs. "That's the kinda positivity we like to have here! Now let's dig in!"

After dinner

I stretch my arms and yawn. I look at the clock and see it's 8:00 pm. I go up the stairs to prepare for my bedtime.
"Hey, Kokichi." I turn around and see Kaito. "Quick question. What are Maki's favorite flowers?" I wonder why he's asking me. Then I remembered that he thinks me and Maki are childhood friends. So, with my ability to lie, I come up with the best possible answer.
"Roses. She likes roses." "Thanks man!" Then he ran off.
I proceed to go to my room so I can prepare for bed. Nothing too special. I just brushed my teeth, got dressed in my pajamas then climbed into bed.
"Maybe living here won't be so bad", I thought, before drifting off to sleep.