His past

Himiko's POV

"Himiko? Are you alright? You're acting strange", said Angie. "Nyeh? Am I?" "Yes, you are", said Tenko.
I turned my head back to my food only to notice Kokichi. He winked at me, making me blush. Tenko seemed to notice. "Does your behavior have to do with that degenerate male?" I buried my face into my arms. "He asked me to prom." Both girls' eyes went wide. "WHAT?! What was your answer?!"
I hesitated, but answered them. "I said yes."
Tenko was full of so much rage she could rival the Hulk. "What did he blackmail you with. Tell me!" "He didn't blackmail me, Tenko. He just genuinely asked me out. He's not so bad as everyone says he is, so I said yes."
"So you two are close?", asked Angie. "I wouldn't say that. I mean, he's only ever been to my house and knows about me, but I don't know much about him."
That made me think of something. "Maybe I could ask him if we could tutor at his house this afternoon. I hope he doesn't mind."

Timeskip to after school

Me and Kokichi were walking out of the school gates when I decided to ask him the question.
"Hey, Kokichi, Is it okay if we go to your house?" He stopped. There was a short moment of silence.
"I'm not so sure about that. My house is pretty far." "I don't mind." He seemed like he was trying to come up with another excuse. "Look, if it's something that you think will bother me, I won't mind. I just think it's time we tutor at your house."
Kokichi let out a long sigh. "Fine." We walked further until we arrived at his house. Surprisingly, it really wasn't that far. "You lied to me." "Hm?" "You said your house was far." "Oh, I guess I did say that, didn't I?" I frowned at him.
"Just give me a minute." He walks into his house and I wait for a few seconds. He comes out. "Well, come on in." I do as he says and enter his home.
It looked okay, except fir the alcohol smell in the air. "Hey, Kokichi, why do I smell alcohol?" "Oh, that? That's, just, um, how our air freshener smells." He sounded nervous. "Is he hiding something?" "Well, we should probably start, huh?" "Hm? Oh, the tutoring! Right!"
Me and Kokichi began our session. He seemed less jokey for some reason. "Hey, is their a bathroom?" "Yeah. Second door to your left, down the hall." "Thanks."
On my way to the bathroom, I saw a strange shape. I got closer and saw a beer bottle. Actually, there was a bunch of them. I held my hand over my mouth, realizing what's going on.
"What are you doing?" I turn around and see Kokichi. "Kokichi, what is this?" I already knew the answer, but I wanted to confirm it. "I, uh, like to collect bottles. Yeah that's it!"
I didn't believe him. "What?" "What? What?! Don't what me! Do you really think I'm that stupid?!" Kokichi was taken aback. I calm down a bit. "Kokichi, if there is something bothering you, you can tell me."
Then I saw Kokichi make a face I'd never thought I'd see. He looked... guilty. "They're my dad's. I don't think I need to explain further."
I walked over to him. "How bad is it?" He lifts up his shirt and shows me his back. I clasped my mouth. "This doesn't happen a lot. I mostly leave the house, and my dad's too drunk to notice." "What about your mom? Why doesn't she do anything?"
I could tell I hit a sensitive topic, since Kokichi looked down, with a sad aura surrounding him. "She died a year ago." I felt my heart break. Kokichi Ouma, the class clown, the guy you could never get to shut up, the guy who always had a stupid smile, is really not the person we all thought he was. The truth is, he's just a kid who's suffering.
Out of instinct, I hug him. Next thing I knew, Kokichi began crying.
"It's okay, Kokichi. You're not alone. Not anymore."