May I take you to prom?

Himiko's POV

I sat down at my desk and glanced at Kokichi. He waved at me, making me blush. "Why does he always make me blush?"
"Alright class, time for a special announcement", said the teacher. The class went silent. "This Friday is our school's prom."
Some of us got excited, some of us were nervous and some of us just didn't care. I was the latter.
I'm not exactly the most prettiest girl, so why would any boy ask me out? I didn't care about prom, but a part if me was a little sad. I've never been to prom.

Kokichi's POV

The bell rang, so class was over. Great. I look at Himiko, and notice she looks a little sad. "Why do I care how she feels?"
I don't know why, but my body moved on it's own and followed Himiko. I kept my distance because of Tenko.

Himiko's POV

"Do not look so down. Atua will give you joy. Always", said Angie. "Thanks, Angie. But it doesn't really matter. I'm not going to prom."
"That's not really a surprise!"
I turned around and saw a girl from another class. Even if she's from there, we all know her. She is the ultimate traditional dancer, Hiyoko Saionji.

"No boy is gonna ask you out! Have you seen yourself?" I looked down

"No boy is gonna ask you out! Have you seen yourself?" I looked down. She was right, but her words still hurt. "Don't say that! Himiko is beautiful!", said Tenko. "What about you? You can't get a date because of your problem with boys!" Tenko then shut up.
"I'm such a cutie! Any boy would love to go out with me!"
"Would they?" I looked up and saw Kokichi standing in front of me.

Kokichi's POV

I was hiding and watching Himiko being insulted by Hiyoko. I couldn't stand it, for some reason, and walked up to them.
"I'm such a cutie! Any boy would love to go out with me!"
"Would they?", I asked. "In my opinion, the only boys you'd get are dogs, I mean, only they can love a bitch."
This seemed to shut Hiyoko up. "And do boys really like you? Cause I've never seen any hang around you. Or maybe it's your face making it hard to see them." The girl was fuming. I'm pretty sure I even saw some steam coming out of her ears. "Got anything to say?" She didn't. Instead, she stomped off.
I looked at Himiko. "That takes care of that. Anyway, we still have our tutor session after school, right Himiko?" She nodded. "Well, I'll see you then." With that, I walked away.

Timeskip to after school

Himiko's POV

I walked with Tenko and Angie to my house. "Hey, wait up!" We turned around and saw Kokichi running towards us.
"What do you want?", snapped Tenko. "Now is that anyway to talk to the guy who stood up for you?", Kokichi said with a fake sad expression.
"Atua thanks you for your good deed. For that, he will reward you with good days to come", said Angie. "I would've wanted something cooler, but that will have to do."
I giggled at Kokichi's remark, only to smack my hands over my mouth and everyone to look at me. "Anyways, I followed you three because Himi here has to tutor me." Did he just call me Himi? "What did you just call her?! How dare you!", exclaimed Tenko.
We continued our walk until we arrived at my house. Tenko and Angie didn't want to stay, since they didn't want to bother our tutoring session. Tenko wanted to stay, but Angie convinced her. She also winked at me. I wonder why.
"Well, shall we?", asked Kokichi. I unlocked my front door and we walked inside. "Thanks for, you know, what you did today." Kokichi smiled. "Of course. I mean, cute girls shouldn't cry." I blushed.
We got started on our session. Like before, he seemed to get it quickly. "Say, Himi." "Why do you call me that?" "Hm? Oh, I just thought I'd give you a nickname." I wasn't really one for nicknames, but decided to say nothing. "But, that Hiyoko chick made me think of something. How you have no chance of getting a date?" I looked at him curiously. "What if we prove her wrong." He leaned closer to my face.

"Himiko Yumeno, may I take you to prom?"

Remember when I said I was out of ideas and might not post for a while? Turns out I was wrong.