Chapter 40: a year later

Shawn's POV**(yah I'm gonna make that last chapter a dream)

I woke up in the hospital room next to Melissa. I was holding her hand and I was in a chair. That was all a dream with all the swearing and chair throwing. I took a look at my phone and it's 1:29 am. I held her hand tightly and rubbed my thumb on her scar.

"Please, wake up" "we need you. your birthday was last week, now your 15" I planted a kiss on her cheek. I felt her hand twitch.
"Melissa?" I said in disbelief. I looked at her foot and it moved also. I looked back at her face and her eyes were open.

Melissa's POV**(oh goshness😱)

I heard a voice but all I hear is mumbling. Darn, I'm hungry I want a cookie or McDonalds. I tried moving but my hand just twitched. my foot moved, movement, I missed that. My body was kind of sore. I opened my eyes and saw an unfamiliar person. He looks shocked and confused, so am I.

"Melissa!" he embraced me in a hug. tighter and tighter, I couldn't breathe.

"Get off me! who the hell are you!?" I pushed him away. my throat is dry. he backed away from me, hurt in his eyes.

"What?" he said "here's some water" he handed me a glass of water and I took a sip. I put it on the cwoffe table.

"I'll be back, I'm getting a nurse" he got up from the chair and walked out. he called the nurse and many people that wore scrubs came in. what's happening? who's Melissa? why is he calling me that?

Shawn's POV**

I'm happy she's awake but said she doesn't remember me. I walked into the room.

"Excuse me, Mr Mendes, you can't be in here. maybe go call her family?" she said. I nodded and walked out of the room. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and sat in the waiting room. I dialled matts number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Matthew said "hey em Melissa's awake" I said nervously "hwat?" he said in disbelief "I'm on my way!" he said happily.

...........

Matthew came to me and said "where is she?"

"She's in that room" I pointed

"I'll be back" he ran in there and a man stopped him from behind

"Who are you?" Matt asked

"Franky" Franky answered

"I mean who are you to tell me what to do?" He crossed his arms

"I'm a doctor" he sassed

"Oh" he walked to me and sat on a seat

"My parents and the guys are coming" he sighed

"Ok sure...." I said. I already know Nash likes Melissa. I mean I understand because she's the most beautiful girl I've ever met. it's sad she doesn't remember me.

...............

9:35

It's been hours and I really want to see her. Everyone is here now except Melissa's siblings and Hayes. we are sitting in the waiting room waiting for the doctor to tell us when we can see her.

"Shawn, are you sure she's awake?" Matt said with worried eyes

"Che-yeah, she moved and everything" I said in a 'duh' tone

"Ok" he said. Dr. Franky walked into the waiting room.

"The Espinosas" he looked at his notepad and Matthew and his parents got up.

A/N so, how are you guys? It took me forever to write this😂 k bye❤️ love y'all💁

-Alesia💕