Maid of Honor

"Be my Maid of Honor!"

"Nasisiraan ka na ba ng ulo? Kalalakeng tao ko tapos Maid of Honor?" Thirdy was amused at the thought.

"Helloooo it's the millenium na, hindi na kailangan ng traditional roles para sa babae and lalake. And besides, bestfriend naman talaga kita diba?

"Ano ba nangyayari sayo, una magpapakasal ka sa lalaking you just met and then after 2 weeks engaged na kayo! And then now you are asking me to be your maid of honor."

"Sige na, Thirdy, please." She was trying to convince her bestfriend to take part in her wedding. "Sige I won't pressure you, but think about it, please naman."

Thirdy couldn't believe what he just heard. Just when he decided that he will propose to his long time friend, this happened.

"O eh ano sabi mo?" His friend, Isaac asked him when he told him about what Bea and he talked about.

"Wala! Ano sasabihin ko? Pucha naman, pare, ang sakit dito," pointing at his heart, "papanoorin ko pa ba sya na mapunta sa iba."

"Un nga un, pare. Pumayag ka na para mapakita mo sa kanya sa ikaw ang right man for her."

Thirdy was thinking, Isaac's suggestion made sense. He and Bea has been friends for many years, he knows her more that her fiancee and he is sure of that.

He called Bea to tell her that he is already okay with being her Maid of Honor.

"Talaga? You just made me the happiest bride to be on earth!" Bea said.

"I can even make you the happiest woman if you want" Thirdy said softly, almost in a whisper.

"Ano sabi mo?"

"Wala. Sabi ko magplan na tayo, ano na ang gagawin natin?"

"Samahan mo muna ako kay Fr. Jett kasi gusto ko sya mag officiate ng wedding tapos later today we will have dinner with the other Maid of honor."

They went to Fr. Jett so they can schedule him to officiate Bea's wedding. Fr. Jett was very surprised and happy to see them together. He remembers how their fans have rooted for them during their younger years.

"Hi, Bea, Thirdy. It's nice to see you again. Upo kayo. What can I do for you?"

"Kasi, Fr. Jett baka pwede ikaw mag officiate sa kasal ko."

Fr. Jett smiled looking at Thirdy and Bea.

"Nagkatuluyan din pala kayo?"

"Oh, no, not with me Fr. Jett." Thirdy was quick to respond.

"Ah akala ko kayo nagkatuluyan, sayang naman."

Bea and Thirdy just looked at each other, Thirdy smiling.

"Okay, so let's proceed then. When are you planning the wedding to happen? And I also need to know something about your groom para sa homily."

"2 weeks from now, Father."

"Hmm we don't have time na pala, okay sige tell him his likes and dislikes, how he was growing up. His family, is he closer to his mom or his dad. Siblings? How many does he have?"

That was when Bea realized, she doesn't know anything about his groom.

She looked at Thirdy, he was just smiling at him as he caresses her hands.

After the visit to Fr. Jett, they decided to have a late lunch.

"Saan tayo maglunch?"

And the said in unison, "Amare!" and they both laughed.

While they were having lunch, Thirdy started to ask her questions about her groom. Bea hesitatingly asked him to finish their lunch.

"Thirds, pwede lunch muna tayo?"
"Is that what you really want o umiiwas ka because you don't have a clue who you are marrying?"

Bea felt something. She didn't want to start a fight, but she was obviously ticked at what Thirdy told her. She stood up and gathered her things.

"Bea, wait, ano ang ginagawa mo?"

"Who are you to even judge me the way you just did? Paano kung sabihin ko sayo na ikaw, you are commitment phobic, you are Gamophobic and you sure don't know how it feels to be really in love?"

"I am not! Because if I am, hindi ako susunod sunod sayo just to prove that I am the right one to be married to!"

Bea was shocked. Her tears fell.

"I know exactly what you want, I know how to make you happy! I don't have a ring now but I would still ask you to marry me." Thirdy softly said.

People at the restaurant were already looking at them.

"This is not the place to discuss this, not even the right time." Bea complained.

"Umupo ka, I will take the bill. We will have to settle this once and for all because if what I told you doesn't mean anything, bakit tumutulo luha mo ngayon?"

Thirdy paid the bill and they left immediately after. They went straight to Bea's condo unit. As soon as they entered, Thirdy grabbed her arm.

"Now, tell me, bakit ka umiiyak?"

"Because you frustrate me! Why would you ask me to marry you now? Just when I am set to marry another man?" Bea was just crying her heart out.

"I love you, always have been! I didn't know how to show it to you. This is a whole new feeling for me. Come on, Bei, he doesn't deserve you. Think!" Thirdy was trying to convince her.

"I wouldn't know that for sure, ni hindi ko nga alam ano pangalan ng nanay nya."

They both laughed.

"Come on, Bea, be with me, stay with me, marry me. Say yes bibili na tayo ng singsing mo."

Bea just keeps on laughing.

She went near him. Gave him a tender kiss on his lips as his tongue slips inside her mouth, gentle but demanding.

"Wala nang bawian, Isabelle! Tara na, it's time to prepare for our wedding! I love you, Bea."

"I love you, Thirds!"

----------------------------

This is just my version of the movie "Made of Honor" and the longest to date.