LU sa Elyu

"Sama ka, Bei!" Aya ni Thirdy sa kanya.

"Where to?"

"La Union."

"Ah talaga, when?"

"This weekend."

"Oh what a coincidence, I'll be there with friends. Who will you be with?"

"Sila Van, Julia and Ivan. Sino kasama mo?"

"Sila Raissa."

"Sige, sabay tayo, you want?"

"Are you driving alone?"

"Yes, kasi may something ako the day before, I might not be able to afford to wake up early the following day."

"Pagong talaga."

"Ang judgemental mo talaga."

"Wag na, I'll be riding na with the Ninjas, we have planned this trip already, I don't want to change the plan na."

"Ayaw mo lang ata ako kasama eh."

"Issue ka. I'll see you there. Text lang, okay?' Bea said as she raised her phone as she leaves him.

On the day they were to leave for LU, Thirdy texted her to confirm.

T: Saan na kayo?

B: Don't tell me paalis ka pa lang, we're almost here.

T: Grabe ka talaga sa akin, malapit na din ako noh, bandang MacArthur Hwy na."

B: Bilis huh. We are in San Fernando Bypass. I guess I'll see you na lang later? Let me know when you have arrived na.

T: Dinner with me later?

B: Hindi pa tayo nakakarating, may dinner date invite ka na.

T: Hay naku, talagang supalpal na agad.

B: Wait, you keep on texting, are you driving? You know you shouldn't be driving and texting, right?

T: No, I'm parked for gas.

B: Owkaaay. I'll see you later, then?

T: Dinner?

B: Let's see.

The Ninjas arrived at La Union. Bea recognized Van as they have started to unload their things.

"Van! Ano, kanina pa kayo dito?"

"Oo, andun na nga sa Ivan and Julia sa beach."

"Eh ikaw, bakit pakalat kalat ka pa?" 

And they both laughed.

"May nakalimutan lang ako sa room. Si Thirdy hindi mo ba nakausap?"

"Nakausap ko, alam ko he's on his way."

"Kamusta na ba panliligaw ng kaibigan ko?"

Bea was taken aback, although she knows that a lot of their friends knew about this, no one has ever asked her about this.

"Haha funny ka talaga, Van. I'll go to our room na."

Bea was thinking, kamusta na nga ba panliligaw ni Thirdy? She wasn't sure how to address it. Thirdy has been very consistent, though she was not sure if it was time to take their friendship to the next level.

A few more hours and she received a message from Thirdy and confirm that he has arrived and is just sitting prettily in his room in Flotsam hostel. Bea decided to call.