LettermeLater.com

Dear Bea,

I am sending you this letter, written by the 16 year old me. You will be getting this by the time that you are 26 and I am sure that by that time, you already know me too well. I really wish that you will decide to attend college in Ateneo. I have seen you play whenever I watch my sister's volleyball game where your school compete against hers. I swear, I watch it only because I know you will be there and playing your heart out.

Would I call this love at first sight? I honestly dunno. All I know is that when I found this site, I will be writing a letter for you telling you how much I admire you and how much I like you. I really hope that we can be good friends and who knows what's next, but I really, really want to say that I want to know you better.

Here's to the hope of being a part of your life in the future.

Thirdy

Sent

Thirdy was 16 when he accidentally found this site where he can send an email and send it at a later date or even year. He composed a letter with only having thoughts of sending it to Bea.

9 years later....

"Ano na, Thirds, anong petsa na hindi ka pa din umaalis?" Bea jokingly asked him.

"Bakit mo ba ako pinapaalis? Don't you want me to stay here na lang?" Thirdy asked, sadly.

"It's not that, don't get me wrong. You know naman it's always a good time being with you, inaasar lang kita."

"Bei, have you thought about my proposal?" Thirdy seriously asked her.   

"I have been honestly thinking, Thirdy, but I have not come up with a decision yet, eh. Hindi ka na ba makakhintay?"

"Oh no, don't get me wrong Bea. I was just asking. Take as much time you need, no pressure. Hihintayin kita, babawiin kita sa tadhana. Baka lang kasi gusto mo na hawakan ang kamay ko o halikan ako." 

Thirdy and his lame jokes, Bea thought.

"Hay naku, Thirdy, whatever."

"I actually have a flight na eh. On Friday." Thirdy blurted out.

"You mean, this Friday?"

"No, the next."

"Di mo naman niliwanag kasi, you just said Friday. Wait, I will be available then, gusto mo ako na maghatid syo?"

Thirdy's face lighted up and smiled.

"Talaga? Are you sure?"

"Oo naman, what time is your flight ba?" Bea asked.

"Maaga eh, 6:40am para makadating ako sa Japan ng lunchtime."

"Oh alright, so we have to be there ng before 4am, tama?"

"Kung hindi hassle sayo. Maexperience ko man lang na mahatid mo ako."

"Para kang sira. Japan is just near, I can come and visit you pag may time."

On the day of Thirdy's departure, Bea arrived at Cainta earlier than expected. She was there at past midnight, everyone was busy  with Thirdy's departure. She knows damn well the people in Cainta will be up all night until Thirdy leaves for the airport. 

She was welcomed warmly by Thirdy's family whom she considered as family, too because of the deep friendship and ties she had with them.

"Sure ka ba, Bea, pwede ka naman namin samahan." Kieffer offered.

"Huwag na, Manong," Thirdy said, "baka may sasabihin si Bea sa akin dipa nya masabi kung kasama kayo."

Everybody was laughing and teasing  Thirdy and Bea. They knew how long Thirdy has been courting Bea.