Paubaya

"Aalis na ako, hindi mo ba talaga ako ihahatid?" Thirdy asked her.

She would reply in between sobs. It really hit her, it'll be the first time that they will be away from each other after 7 years. She has built her world around him after they have gotten married. Bea, who has given up volleyball to be a full time wife to Thirdy,  seemed to be experiencing separation anxieties for days now.

"We have discussed about this, right?" Thirdy asked her again.

Bea would just give out murmurs, a no or a yes.

She was just lying down on their bed, hugging the blanket, her back facing him. Thirdy was worried, he didn't know how he will be able to leave knowing that he will be leaving Bea behind on a 3 year contract for a basketball stint.

"Come on, Bei, harapin mo naman ako. Let's talk about this." Thirdy pleaded while rubbing her arms. "What happened to the old Bea that I know?"

Bea slowly moved, preparing to face him. The room has been dim for days, too, but Thirdy can still see the puffiness of her eyes, his heart broke with the mere sight of it.

"You have been crying for days, ano na ang gagawin natin?" Thirdy asked her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so messed up. I just didn't realize. I honestly thought it was okay, this is for us." Bea finally spoke, tears still falling, she seemed unable to help it.

"We have been discussing this for a month before I signed the contract, what could have happened? You were fine with it then." Thirdy wanted to understand her so he would know how to help her.

"I know, I know, but I don't want to stop you. This has been your dream and I wouldn't want to be in your way. I'm with you all the way, I'm your wife, but everytime I think about not being with you for a long time, it just gets crazy."

"Come here." Thirdy asked her, cradled her as if she was a baby. "Just this one, 3 years, then I'm all yours. You can come and visit, too, right? Your visa has not lapsed yet, right?"

He felt relieved seeing her smile.

On the day he was about to leave, he was able to convince Bea to drive her to the airport with Dani, just in case she would need some rescuing.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Thirdy asked her one last time.

"No, but you have been convincing me and besides, Dani is with us, so let's just go and get this over and done with."

"O ngayon minamadali mo na umalis ako."

"Stop, Thirdy or I'll end up crying again."

"I will call you every chance I get, okay? Pag malungkot ka pwede ka naman sa Cainta or sa inyo. Have as much fun as you want, but be responsible, I will do the same while we are apart."

"I just feel shitty thinking that I am competing with your dreams."

"You shouldn't be, because you are my dream and we are going to chase our dream, together."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paubaya in a different perspective, I guess :). Nakumpleto ko na, Pakawalan, Pangako and Paubaya hahaha. Done for the day...Have fun.