Chapter fourteen

As I open my eyes the next morning I'm face to face with a smiling Blossom. "Hey babe. Glad your up, I started breakfast." I throw myself off her couch and rush into the bathroom. I quickly pull my pants down so I wouldn't piss myself. Blossom appears in the doorway with a red business suit. "This is for you. There's wash towels in the closet right there and a fresh towel on the back of the door." She says with a smile before closing the door. Looking around her bathroom I marvel at the sight of it. It was big enough for her to have a bathtub on one side and a shower on the other. I strip out of my clothes from yesterday and step into her shower. As I turn the water on the lights dim and soft music starts to play.

I wash my hair and then my body. I jump out and quickly dry off before grabbing the lotion that Blossom set on the counter. She even went out of her way to give me a toothbrush and brush for my hair. I put the red suit on and then bruh out my hair. I walk out of the bathroom with my clothes in hand and Blossom hands me a plastic bag for me to put them in. "Thank you. You didn't have to do all of this for me." I say to her. "Psh I always take care of my friends." She wraps a arm around my shoulders and gives me a hug. "I made bacon and toast." I look over at the counter and immediately my stomach growls then twists because I'm still hungover. "What did we drink last night?" I ask Blossom. She turns to me with a pink wine in her hand. "This strawberry moscato stuff. I don't remember if we did anything cringe wirthy but if we did at least it was inside my apartment right?" I agree with a smile and start to eat a piece of bacon.

It's 8:45 when Blossom and I leave her apartment. She tells me she'll text me before jumping in her car and driving off down the street. Once I'm in my car I take a minute to get myself situated. I put the plastic bag that has my clothes in it, in the back seat and then grab my purse. I grab my travel size Vaseline and put some on my lips. I grab the extra pair of earrings I carry with me and slip those into my ears. I do a quick half up half down style while my hair is still wet. Once I like how I look I close the car mirror and check my phone. There were several texts from Ms. Janis and two from Jontavion. I also see that he called me three times. I check the texts from Ms. Janis and smile when I see the pictures of Misty she sent. She dresses her in a cowboy hat and some old children's overalls. I quickly text her back and thank her again for keeping Misty on such short notice. She responds almost instantly with a "no problem dear" and I smile. I put my phone in my bag and head to Candylands office.

When I arrive there's a lot of cars parked out front. "What is going on?" I wonder aloud. I grab my purse and head inside the building. The moment I step into the lobby I'm surrounded by people asking me millions of questions. "I just walked inside. Can I set my stuff down?" I ask them. They make a path for me and I head over to the lounge area. I set my bag down in a chair and then turn to sit. A woman in a grey business suit comes up to me and offers me a position to the assistant a upcoming producer name Ceez. As I look through the papers I notice two things that stand out to me. He would only need me to work in office twice a week and it gave me plenty of time to handle the paperwork that already comes with being a PA. Pretty soon there's a line of people waiting to give me the info on PA jobs that they have available. I'm deep in conversation when Candyland walks over to me. I look at my watch and realize she's a hour late. "Whats going on here?" I look up at her with a smile. "I can't work for you Candy. I need open options and these people here are willing to work with me. I'm sorry." I say with a smile. I grab my purse and the information papers I've gotten and head to my car. I've got work to do at home.

On my way I home I stop and get a frozen coffee and a pupachino from Starbucks. I hear misty barking as I walked inside the house. She was in the kitchen playing with Jontavion. "Really?" I say to him. He looks over at me. "Well my mom asked me to drop her off so I did but then she started tugging on my shirt so I ended up playing tug of war with her."