Chapter thirty three

After we smoked, which was about four backwoods, we all wander around the house and do our own thing. I'm out back on the patio talking to Dontae when Jontavion asks to borrow me. "Go ahead bro, she's all yours." I follow Tae through the house and up the stairs. He leads me to his room and I smile, then frown because the last time I was here he yelled at me.

"Close your eyes." I do as I'm told and cover my eyes. Something cool slips around my neck and I start to get excited. "Okay open them." When I do Tae is in front of me on one knee, I think I'm going to pass out. He opens a box and inside I see a Jade green diamond looking back at me. "I know your not ready to get married so I got the next best thing. A promise ring, my promise to you is..." he pauses and I take the moment to wipe my eyes. Berlin appeared in the doorway and her jaw drops but then she grabs her phone and starts to record. "I promise to love you even when it hurts, I promise to protect you and keep you out of harms way, I promise to love you to the best of my abilities." He slips the ring onto my finger and the way the jade. colored diamond sparkles is absolutely beautiful.

Berlin claps from the doorway and Tae turns with a sly smile. "How long have you been there?" She turns her phone so we can see the screen and his face has a look of euphoria. "You did it man." She disappeared back downstairs, no doubt to show everyone the video, and I couldn't stop looking at the ring. Then I remembered he slipped something on to my neck so I look down. It's a locket and when I open it, the group photo that we took at the park is inside. The tears come out before I even say anything. "Why are you crying?" Tae's hands cup my face and I look up at him. "These are happy tears goof." He wipes them away and places a sweet kiss on my lips.

When we get downstairs Blossom runs over to me and grabs my hand. "Oh god! It's to die for." She looks at the ring and her eyes do a little dance. I show Ms. Janis and she smiles at her son. "I'm proud of you two." She wraps me in a hug. I excuse myself so I could step outside to call my mom. The wind is blowing and I let out a shiver. My mom picks up on the first ring, "Hey mija." Her voice fills my ears. "Hi mom, how is your trip?" I hear Roberto in the background and let out a laugh. "It's great. I miss you so much. How was Christmas?" My eyes dart to my hand and I can't help the excitement that bubbles up inside of me. "Tae got me a ring! It's got a jade diamond in it." My mom gasps and I promise to send her a picture before we hang up.

I join everyone back inside and let out a soft smile when I see Tony and Misty cuddled up asleep on the couch. I join Berlin and Darnell in their game of never have I ever and soon everyone is playing. Ms. Janis resorts to taking pictures of us so she can have them on her wall by next Christmas. I grow my arm around Berlin and smile when the camera points at us. The flash blinds me for a second and I have to rub my eyes so I can see.

The night is coming to a end and it makes me sad because tomorrow morning everyone goes back to being busy and I like having them around all the time. Berlin, Tony and Darnell head into the room they are sleeping in. Dontae heads to his room soon after, then Blossom and AJ and then Ms. Janis. Tae and I head up to his room and he gives me one of his sweaters to wear to bed. He turns off the lights but leaves the LED lights on. A blue Hugh takes over the room and I snuggle into him.

"I wish nights like these could last forever." He runs his hand through my hair. "We have the rest of our lives for nights like these. That's our family and they aren't going anywhere." His words leave a warm feeling in my heart and I smile. He's right, that's my family and they aren't going anywhere. "I love you Tae." His arms pull me on top on him and I can see the playful smile on his face. "What was that?" I roll my eyes but repeat myself. "I love you Jontavion Marquese Porter." His lips connect with mine and swear I could feel how much he loved me. I guess things do end well in your favor, you just gotta stay strong and continue fighting for what you love. My eyes start to get heavy so I lay my head on his chest. He places a soft kiss on my forehead before falling asleep. A smile takes over my face as my body begins to shut down to rest. I hope this right here lasts forever.

This is theme of the road with this story. I hope you guys enjoyed it, I do other stories I'm working on so if your interested just go to my profile. I appreciate the amount the of people who took their time to read this. You guys me put me in #179 for 'twist' on here so thank you!

Kayla