Chapter thirty two

Blossom, Berlin, Cuba, Dontae and Darnell all sat around my living room talking to my mom. I sat on the lazy boy petting Misty. There were loud shrieks from inside the kitchen before Tony, Berlins som, came running from there. My moms little terrier hot on his tail. After the trial everything just seemed to fall into place again. Berlin went to court and won custody of her son who was now 3.

Cuba came back to work for me and she's even gotten me to collab with some of the other artist she's been working with. Cuba's mom went out of town with her husband and says they'll be back in January. I've grown quite close to Dontae and Darnell, they're like the brothers I never had. We all celebrated thanks giving at Cuba's new house.  "Okay everyone it's time for presents." My mom clapped her hands and everyone scattered to grab the gifts they bought. I walk into my room and grab the many many bags out of my closet. When I get downstairs Blossom and AJ were walking through the front door with bags galore on their arms.

"Hey guys." "Hey." When everyone is back in the living room theres barley any room to sit. "Who wants to go first?" Blossoms hand shoots into the air and Cuba lets out a laugh. "Of course you do." They both stick their tongues out at each other before laughing. Blossom hands both of the dogs bones before handing Cuba like four bags. "Did you buy the whole store?" Darnell cracks a joke and the whole room fills with laughter. Cuba pulls out two of the hottest swim suits out of the first bag and she grins so wide I think her face is gonna split. Blossom also got her a few pairs of shoes and new house appliances.

Everyone in the room past out their gifts except Cuba she wanted to go last. When it's finally her turn she gives my mom this giant box wrapped with the most ugly wrapping paper I have seen. "Oh dear." My mom says. When she unwraps the box there's a giant hammock inside. "Cuba you didn't!" My mom gives her a hug. "Oh I did. When you showed it to me last week I couldn't resist." I look at the price tags and my eyes go wide. "2500 dollars for a hammock?!" Everyone looks at Cuba as if she's grown a third head. "What? It comes with a heating pad built inside." She shrugs as if it were nothing.

Cuba gives me my gift last and she looks so nervous. I pull out a white t shirt that has a butterfly and the Gucci sign on it. "It was for your birthday but it was stuffed in the bottom of my drawer." I smile and place it on the arm rest. Next I pull out a gold AP and everyone goes "ohhhh." I put the watch in and the smile that takes over Cuba's beautiful face make me happy. She hands me a box next and I carefully get the tape off the top. I pull out a pair of Louis Vuitton slippers and a pair of the new GuccixJordan 4's. "Thank you baby." She places a kiss on my cheek and sits back down.

My mom and Cuba head into the kitchen to check on the food when the doorbell rings. Dontae answers it and his body stiffens. Before any of us can ask him anything a voice that I thought I wouldn't hear again speaks. "Well aren't you handsome." Katrina appears in front of us and we all look at eachother in confusion "Aw baby why didn't I get a invite?" The she devil crosses the room and sits on my lap. I freeze and so does everybody else.

Cuba comes out of the kitchen and a scowl takes over her face. "Thought you could get rid of me?" Katrina swiftly turns and plants a kiss on my lips. My hands fly up and shove her off of me. She shrugs and turns back to Cuba. My heart is racing because I don't know what to do. "You know Katrina I'm tired of you, your so bitter you have to ruin everything for everyone else don't you?" Berlin makes a "ouuuu" noise. "I try to." Katrina walls up to Cuba. "Well then I'm glad you showed up tonight. Meet me outside." Cuba walks outside and Katrina follows like she knows she has this in the bag.

Everyone races outside and I start to freak out because I don't want anything to happen to Cuba. Cuba is standing is the driveway pulling her hair back. The minute that ponytail holder snapped down Cuba was on Katrina. There's nothing I can do at this point so I let it happen. Cuba's hands are flying and Katrina is well... trying. The pair falls to the ground and Cuba lands one blow to the face that knocks Katrina out cold.

Cuba stands up and everyone starts to whoop and make noise. My mother pushes past me and hands Cuba a cup, no doubt she gave her some of her good gin. Cuba smiles and lets her hair down, "So anybody hungry? And did somebody call the police?" Dontae whips out his phone and quickly dials them. We wait outside in the cold for the police and just as they show up it starts to snow. "Officers." My mom greets them. "Is that Katrina Salgado?" The officer asks pointing at the lump of human on the ground.

"Yes sir." Cuba smiles as Dontae put his arm around her shoulders. Everyone is talking to the police or one another and me... well I guess you could call it shock. When the police leave with a sleeping Katrina in their backseat, Cuba leads me inside and to the smoke room. "Hey, you okay?" Her smooth hands cup my face and forces me to look at her. "Tae..." Her green eyes swim with emotion. My arms wrap around her small waist. "You really beat her ass! I never ever in my life thought you fought." She throws her head back in laughter. "I'm from the DR I have to know how to fight." She leads me back to the kitchen, where everyone is waiting for us. "Well it's about damn time." Blossom teases and Cuba cracks a smile. "Coming from the woman who was almost a hour late." Blossom shrugs. "At least I'm here. Punctuality is for prudes." AJ snorts and my mother turns to Blossom with a smile.

As we sit down at the table my mom serves everyone before sitting down with her plate. "Everyone now your heads." Cuba's voice fills my ears. I close my eyes and grab hands with her and Berlin. "Dear Heavenly Father, today we are here to celebrate being a family and pushing the past away. We thank you for providing us with this food and the lovely woman we call Ms. Janis. We thank you for making all of us stronger, in your name Amen." Everyone choruses Amen and then we dig in. My moms house fills with laughter and warmth. I look over at the beautiful woman I love and smile. Her Carmel skin was smooth and she smelled like apple pie. Her bouncy curls are full of life and her eyes, well lets just say that was one of my favorite features about her.

After dinner everyone that didn't smoke, which was the dogs, Tony and my mom sat in the living room watching the Charlie Brown special. Cuba took her place in the beanbag closet to the window. Berlin and Darnell day in the other one. Dontae chose the little chair from the table in the corner. Blossom and AJ sat Indian style in front of Cuba. As I plopped down next to my lady, Berlin and Blossom both hand her bags of weed. To satisfy everyone Cuba put some from each bag into the backwood she was rolling. As everyone sat around talking I wrapped my arms around Cuba. "I love you." I whisper in her ear. The smile that comes over her face was one that I wanted to see for the rest of my life. I couldn't be happier sitting here with everyone, this is what family looked like, FELT like. I pray that god lets me keep theses people forever because I would go crazy if I lost one of them.