Chapter twenty nine

As I drive away from Jontavion my gut tells me it's more than what he was saying. Don't get me wrong he hurt my feelings but I know that didn't just come out of no where. I pull the car over and Misty looks at me from the backseat. "I know girl. Maybe we should go back." As I finish my sentence my phone goes off but I decide to wait until I'm home to check.

When I pull into the drive way I grab my phone and look at who was texting me. There's a random number texting me picture of Tae with Katrina. On the back of one of the photos is yesterday's date. I frown and look closer at them. It's looks like the pair is kissing and I feel myself get angry all over again. I quickly text them to Jontavion who tells me it's not what it looked like. I scoffed and didn't even bother to text him back.

I walk inside with Misty and see Darnell and Berlin asleep omg the couch. I turn the tv off and make my way upstairs. Misty stays down there with the kids so I lock my door. When I sit on my bed the tears start to fall. I don't understand how things can go so wrong in a day. I turned on my music and Lyfe Jennings started to play. I let the song fill my ears and I just let tears out. I cry for so many reasons, my abduction, my torture, the man I love.

When I open my eyes again my music has stopped and I smell chili. I look at the clock and note that it's 11 o'clock. I unlock the door and follow my nose to that beautiful smell. I see Darnell in the kitchen and Berlin watching tv. When he notices me he smiles, "Hey Cuba." Berlin turns and jumps off the couch. "Hey boo, you okay?" She wraps her arm around me. "Tae and I got into a fight earlier. He said some things that hurt my feelings but I'm fine." She gives me a squeeze and kisses my cheek. "It's okay you guys will work it out." I thank her and hungrily sit at the table as I wait for Darnell to finish.

He sets a big bowl down in front of me and I smile when I see he put cheese, sour cream and crackers in it. "Berlin told me." I look over at the young girl and smile. She's really my sister from another mister. I take a bite of Darnells chili and let out a moan. Berlin giggles at his confused expression. "She likes to express her love for food in sounds." Darnell cracks a smile. "Well Ill take it as it was good?" I nod and take a another bite. Once I'm done eating I thank the kids then head upstairs to take a shower. Misty is asleep in her bird when I'm done and i smile down at her.

I put on some boy shorts and the sweater I stole from Tae. It came down to my mid thigh and snuggled into my bed. I went on socials and noticed Tae hasn't posted all day and that's odd. I shrug it off and move on from his story. I flick through a few others before closing the app and turning off my phone. I sigh and turn over to face the window. The sky is full of stars and it makes me miss my mom. I decide to call her in the morning because I know she's asleep now.

The clock says 3am and throw my arm over my face. "This is pointless." I frown and turn on my tv. I flick through the channels and settle on robot chicken. "Misty." She looks up at me. "Come here girl." I lay the bed and she hops into my lap. I get her comfortable next to me and throw my arm around her. She goes to sleep almost immediately but it takes me a while. When i do fall asleep I keep dreaming out those pictures I got earlier.