Chapter twenty eight

When the sun shines through the sheets in the morning I curse aloud. Today is the day Cuba and I are going home. This weekend has been relaxing and fun. I hope she knows how much she means to me now, I'm not letting her go. I get out of bed and start to pack her suit case for her. I pack my duffle bag and take them down to the car. I walk back inside and go wake her up.

"Hey beautiful, time to get up." She whines but sits up. "Are we getting breakfast?" I let out a laugh and nod. "Sure." She gets out of bed and lifts her arms up. I swiftly pick her up and carry her down to the car. She gets comfortable and I slip in the car. On the drive back we stop at a small dinner called Sams. The food there was amazing so Cuba made me promise we would bring Berlin and Darnell one day.

When we pull into her driveway and she lazily gets out of the car. I grab her suitcase and take it up to her room for her. She whines as I try to leave so I promise her I'll be back tomorrow to take her to lunch. She agrees and kisses me before I leave. When I pull up to my apartment I see Blossom getting out of her car. I jog over to her and she rolls her eyes. "Yes?" I frown at her tone. "Why you gotta be like that?" She huffs and heads towards the building. "Blossom come on, your my best friend. I'm sorry okay? I shouldn't have put you in that situation." She finally turns to me as the elevator doors close. "Thank you." She smiles at me and I shake my head.

"What's that?" She looks at my duffle bag. "I just got back from a trip." She smiles at me and invites me inside her apartment. I join her and sit on her couch watching her prepare the dinner she was making for her and her girlfriend. "So when did that happen?" She looks at me as she sips her wine. "About two months ago. I met her a while ago and when we stopped talking." She points between us. "I gave her a ring." I frown because two months ago is when I told her I was done.

"So does she know you slept with me?" She turns to me with a smile. "Yea, she said she doesn't care as long as it doesn't happen again." I nod and smile. There's a knock at the door and I beat Blossom to it. "Hello." I smile back at a dark skin women with long black dreads. "Wassup man? I'm AJ." She reaches out to dap me up. "Tae." She looks me from head to toe and I let her. "Oh so your the bestfriend?" A smile take over her face. "Well I hope things aren't weird between us man." She walks inside and I smile. Her laid back vibe was infectious. I talked to AJ for about 25 minutes before dipping out and heading inside my apartment.

The minute I walk in my good mood is crushed. On my couch sits Katrina, chewing her gum obnoxiously loud. I throw my bag in the corner and walk behind my island so I kept space between us. "I thought I told you I was done." She smiles at me and I roll my eyes. "But I missed you so much baby." She gets off the couch and walks over to me. She places a hand on my arm and gets close to my ear. I step away from her and sigh. "You need to leave." I say meaning it.

There was no way I was going to ruin what I had with Cuba right now. "You know you want me to stay." She sashayed over to me and placed her hands on my shoulders. Instinctively my hands went to her hips. When I realized this I dropped my hands and moved to the door. "Fine." She slips out and I sigh. She's out free until the trial but I didn't tell Cuba. I don't want her to stress herself out. I walk into my room and fall onto the bed. I try to relax but I just can't. Something doesn't feel right.

I throw on some clothes and make my way to the studio. When I get there the gang is there in full swing. "Yo Jontavion!" Gibbs walks up to me and daps me up. "Is dj here man?" He nods and points towards my recording room. I slip in there and find Dj spinning a new beat. "Yo man." He looks up and his face brightens up. "I'm glad your here. I want you to freestyle this now." He pushes me into the booth and I take a deep breath.