Prologue

It's funny how you just don't remember your last memory of a person. I once read something about that. That you didn't bother taking tabs and trying to take note of the little things that happened because you didn't know it would be the last.

I used to believe otherwise. I used to believe that if you really loved the person, every memory with them should stay in your mind. Now, I stood corrected. Sometimes, time with them would feel too short, everything in a dizzy blur. It was rather different, but I think it just proves that feeling was real. That love was real.

Even the whole memory seemed blurry, like something off a dream. But it fits. It was dreamlike, something I never imagined to happen. Clichè as it sounds, I thought it was something that existed only in movies. It was dreamy yet it was also devastatingly painful and complicated. It was fucked up, it damaged me too much yet I can't bring myself to regret my decision of coming back. Coming back for him.

He was all I wanted yet I think I don't even make the top ten or twenty of his priority list. Every moment felt magic. For me, at least. For him? I have no idea.

His dark brown, almost black eyes must be one of the things that drew me so much to him. Every time I'd stare at them I'd just feel so lost. So...disconnected from the world, slowly being sucked in an unknown void from his stare. They seemed to hold so many secrets it's as if my whole being felt the need to unravel them. To unravel him.

Calum Hood.

I remember when the mention of his name used to bring chills around my spine. Wait, it still does. I still long for him. After everything, I still want that one hell of a heartbreaker for myself.

I must be crazy.