Chapter V

BEEP!
...
BEEP!!
...
BEEP!!!

The fire alarm started going off. Was it a drill?

Sarah looked around and got up.

I grabbed her hand, "Please don't leave me here, Sarah!" I said.

"I'm not, don't worry. Let me get your clothes." She said calmly.

I let go of her hand and wiped my tears as she walked over to my locker, and then hers. She handed me my dress. Sarah started undressing, taking her shirt off first leaving her bra on.

"When did you get so hot.."

"What did you say Ellie?" She asked.

Shit I said that out loud..?

"Oh, um nothing." I said turning around and pulling off my shirt. I put my dress on and took my shorts off. I stuffed them in my locker.

"We should use the back door." Sarah said.

I nodded and followed her out of the back door. We went outside an saw smoke come from the cafeteria. We stood by all the other kids outside in front of the school. I heard James calling my name frantically.

"I'm over here James!" I yelled raising my hand above everyone, waving at him.

He ran over to us. "Oh my god Ellie, are you okay?" He said, hugging me tight.

"Yea, I'm alright." I said with a fake smile.

He looked over at Sarah and then looked back at me with a confused face.

"Are you two friends again?" He asked.

"Well.."

"Yes, yes we are!" Sarah spoke up, sliding her fingers in between mine.

I looked at her and smiled; she smiled back.

"Okay everyone! The rest of the school day is canceled and so is the assembly." I heard the principal yell through a cheer cone.

I heard a bunch of excitement from all the students. Sarah led me away from everyone.

"You haven't told James about it, have you?" Sarah asked.

"Umm.. I don't know what your talking about.."

"Don't play dumb Ellie. You know what I'm talking about."

I looked down and said, "How am I supposed to tell him I got raped..?" I asked her, breaking down in tears.

She lifted my face up with her finger and wiped my tears away.

"I don't know, I'm sorry for bringing it up.." She said hugging me tightly.

I hugged her back and heard someone walking up to us. I turned to look and saw James.

"Hey you two, I was wondering where you ran off to. What's going on?" He asked.

"Oh you know, girlie things." Sarah said.