Chapter XV

I have made some semi-drastic changes to the story. If you have read this story before the date of 1-30-22 I highly encourage you to re-read the book before reading this chapter. There are pretty game changing revisions that I have made. However if this is your first time reading, that isn't necessary. Thanks! :)

Ellie's pov:

I slowly woke up.. again? I looked around. I'm back in Sarah's bedroom? I suddenly jerked up. "Sarah? Jason? Where are you?!" I screamed out.

Sarah comes rushing into the room. "I'm here, I'm here." She said calmly. She climbed onto the bed and hugged me.

"When- How did I get here?" I asked her.

"Jason dropped you off here earlier."

"Where is he now?"

"I don't know. When he made sure you were safe, he left quickly saying he had to go take care of something. He was being very vague about it."

Jason's pov:

After driving for a while, I pulled up to my grandmas cabin in the middle of the woods. When she died a couple years back, she left it to me. Not many people know this place exists. I put my car in park and turned it off. I got out and opened the backseat door. There was Dalton lying there passed out. I tied him up in case he woke up whilst I was driving around. I yanked him out of the car by his arm. He woke up and looked around a bit. "Where the fuck are we Jason? Why am I tied up?" He asked.

"Shut up and walk." I said pulling him along. He shuffled through the snow up to the front porch. I didn't care to untie his ankles, so I just dragged him up the stairs. I unlocked the door and pushed him inside. I closed the door behind us. I pushed him onto the couch in the living room.

"So do you wanna tell me what the fuck is going here, Jason?!" He yelled at me.

"Where did you get this?" I say, ignoring his question again. I pulled out the gun from the back of my jeans and showed it to him.

"I don't know what your talking about. Just untie me bro."

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and lifted him up off the couch. "Don't fucking play dumb with me right now." He still didn't say anything so I started to choke him with my other hand. "F-fine- I stole it from my-" He managed to cough out.

"From who?!" I yelled.

"My s-stepdad.."

"Why does your stepdad have a gun Dalton?" I asked, letting go of his throat. He didn't respond so I threw him back onto the couch.

"I'm going to give you one more chance." I said, sitting down on the coffee table in front of him.

"He's a cop. That's why he has a gun."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I yell, standing up. I can feel the anger taking over.

"So you convince me to rape a minor and then just forgot to mention you stepdad is a fucking cop?! You've got to be joking." I yelled balling my fists.

"I think the squirrels ears are hurting outside from how loud you're yelling, Jason." He chuckled.

"I think you forgot the position your in right now." I pause and breath in slowly. I aim the gun at his leg and shoot it.

"What the fuck!! Why the fuck did you just shoot me!" He yelled at me. He groaned in pain and rolled off the couch onto the floor.

"Mark my words. If you ever hurt a even a hair on Ellie's head again, The next bullet will be shot between your eyes." I said. I could actually see fear in his eyes. Mission accomplished. Maybe I shouldn't have shot him though.