Chapter XIII

Ellie's pov:

I started to flutter my eyes open slowly. Soon becoming aware that I am in, a hospital?

I looked over to my left and saw my dad asleep in one of the chairs. I started to panic and that's when I noticed the iv in my arm. I couldn't just rip it out of my arm like those bad ass bitches in the movies. I just silently waited there until I heard heels. I soon saw Sarah entering the room. My mind calmed itself immediately.

"Hey, how are you feeling El?" She asked.

"I feel perfectly fine? Why am I here?"

My head is actually throbbing..

"You don't remember? Wow, you must've hit your head pretty hard."

"I hit my head?" I asked.

"Okay I was joking, but yes you did. Let me go get a nurse." I sighed as Sarah left the room.

Daddy started to wake up so I pretended I didn't see him yet.

"Oh baby, you awake yet?" He asked, moving closer to me.

I didn't acknowledge him.

He grabbed my arm, "Are you okay Ellie?"

I looked at him and pulled away.

"Elizabeth I am talking to you! Answer me!" He yelled, grabbing my arm roughly.

"Mr. Forbes is everything alright in here?" The doctorish looking woman said after entering the room with Sarah.

"Yes." He said, letting go of my arm.

She looked at him suspiciously before introducing herself.

"I'm Dr. Gilbert. Elizabeth's bloodwork came back all good but she does have a concussion. I advise you to avoid doing any sports or strenuous activities involving tougher exercises, and of course anything else that could cause your head more harm." She said with a smile. "Mr. Forbes, you have to sign some more papers at the front desk, and then you are free to go."

"Okay, I'll be right back Ellie." He said, walking out of the room.

Sarah ran after him, leaving me and Dr. Gilbert alone in the room. "Oh I almost forgot. Here are the extra tylenol pills you asked the nurse for earlier." She said, handing me the pills in a small cup.

"Earlier?" I asked, very confused as I do not remember speaking to a nurse about the pills.

"You don't remember?" She asked, seeming very concerned.

"Oh yeah, I do now." I lied, gulping down the two pills.

She handed me some water.

"Okay, well do you need anything else?" She asked kindly.

"No, thank you though." I said.

"Of course sweetheart, now have a good night and be safe!" She said, before leaving the room."

I got up slowly and slid off the bed. Something about that didn't feel right. I went into the bathroom connected to the room and cleaned up a little. I noticed that my butt looked a little swollen in these pants. I pulled them down and saw that my butt was very dark purple and blue, with tons of welts from the stick. There are cuts all over it. I could barely feel it. My butt has just gone numb, thank god for that tylenol.

I'm not going to be able to sit down again fuck.. It literally just healed too.

I pulled up my pants carefully and then walked out of the bathroom.