Chapter 24

There are not enough words to explain how much I miss clayton. It's been days since I've seen or talked to him. I kind of wished I haven't been insecure about him cheating but it's how every girl thinks.

Right??

I've felt so empty, lost, incomplete, and a little hurt. I haven't been sleeping properly mainly because all my thoughts were about him or how he's doing or is he thinking about me.

It was around 6am and I was sitting on my window sill watching the sun come up. Maybe this may be a good chance to run in my human form. My wolf was in vain, she felt like she let our mate down, like we have disappointed him. But I chose to think other wise.

I went to my closet and threw on some clothes and set out for the woods.

***

I ran for hours, jumped over logs, pushed off trees for more force. I ran along the beach, went to the cliff. It help me keep an ease on myself. I didn't want to dwell on him but I did.

"Lyla baby come home I want to speak with you" my dad spoke easily threw mind link.

I turned around and ran back home.

***

I was about to knock on the door when a voice broke out behind me.

"I wouldn't go in there the alpha is pretty angry" Luke called out. I pulled my hand back to my side and relaxed.

"Who's he talking too" I asked but all he did was shrug. "Listen I Uh never got the chance to Uh you know apologize for when I hit you, I wasn't myself and I want to say I'm so sorry" he added. I nodded my head and pulled him into a hug.

"Please don't hate" he said in my ear. "I could never hate you even though what you did was wrong but we were both wrong for going out with each other knowing how it would end our friendship." I replied. He nodded his head on my shoulder.

"We cool" I asked. "Always" was he response.

After we got done talking my dad stormed out the room slamming it shut making the roof crumble. He stormed away and turned the corner.

"Hey dad where you going!" I called out after him.

Luke and I followed him outside.

"Sir alpha may I ask where your going" Luke asked.

"I'm going to get your mother back" he said sliding into the car.

My dad is finally stepping up.

***

We pulled up to the house. My dad stormed out the car we Luke and I trailing behind him. We busted threw the door to see my stepdad pinning my mother to the ground. My dad charged to him and pushed, so hard that he flew out the window. My dad picked her up into her arms. "I should have been came for you" he whispered. We trailed out the house leaving me the last person. Right when I stepped out, in a flash someone had there hands around my neck.

"I have you daughter" he yelled. They turned and faced him. "I gotta say she's a perfect creation" he trailed his finger down the side of my arm.

"Don't touch her like that" my mother yelled. He smirked and tighten the grip around my neck.

"Or what you'll leap at me because I swear if you do she'll be a limb in the ground" he promised. I swung my head forward using my back head to hit him in the face. He threw me to the ground and snarled.

"You little b*tch" he yelled storming over to me. "No!" Was all I heard before a foot came in contact with my rib cage making a crack sound. My scream pierced threw the trees and the last thing I saw was my father attacking him.