Chapter Eight~Take a Pic, It'll Last Longer

"Tale as old as time                                                    Tune as old as song                                                        Bittersweet and strange                               ...

                                                    Tune as old as song
                                                        Bittersweet and strange
                                                             Finding you can change"

I looked back at my reflection and visibly flinched. I looked like an absolute mess. My hair was soaked with coffee, and my white skirt now had stains all over it. My red shirt had turned a darker shade of red due to the coffee and my white socks were soaked. The coffee was so hot I was actually flinching more from the burns it caused than the way I looked. I looked around trying to find paper towels but to no avail.

Leaning my hands on the cool white marble sink, I closed my eyes, searching for ways in my mind that Ruby could possibly know. I also knew that one way or the other, I had to let the twins know before she did and ruined the only good thing I have going for me right now. 

I looked at my phone and saw that Lilly had messaged me several times wondering what was going on before finally just giving me up and letting me know that she left and Kayden was walking me home.

Great. Now, what was I supposed to tell him when he saw me completely soaked in coffee. I thought.

I let out a growl of frustration and tears burned at the back of my eyes. Finally coming to the conclusion that I had no choice now other than to just go outside. I washed my face, with cold water, and flinched when the cold water hit the burn that the coffee had caused on my arm. I plastered my infamous smile on my face and walked out, only to find Kayden leaning against the wall outside the bathroom staring at his phone with the cutest expression on his face. 

I took this moment to simply admire him. His hair was messy and he was gnawing on his bottom lip, as if something was bothering him. His eyebrows furrowed and a concentrated look painted over his beautiful face. I broke out of my trance when he looked up catching me staring at him.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." He said, but immediately the smirk was washed off his face when he scanned me.

"Oh my God! What the hell happened to you?" He asked, pushing himself off the wall and approaching me. I debated whether to lie to him or just say the truth. But I knew from the way he was looking at me, that he would be able to see right through my lies. His cold blue eyes pierced through me, shaking me to the core, when I stayed silent. He wasn't going to take silence as an answer.

"What. Happened." He asked emphasizing each word to convey his impatience. I gulped, and reached for my hair to tug at the strands.

"Ummm. I uh I was in the bathroom and uh Ruby walked in, she ummm told me to stay away from you, and then she may have uh spilled her burning hot coffee on me?" I stammered quickly, refusing to meet his eyes. When I looked up he had a shocked expression on his face, but it immediately turned into anger when it really sunk in for him.