Chapter Sixteen~ Are you insane!?

"The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of                             I'd be so lost if you left me alone"

                             I'd be so lost if you left me alone"

I was met with the scent of the hospital and the blinding white lights of the place from my nightmares.

The hospital looked scarier than it usually did in my nightmares.

It was the same two nightmares every single time. Either the one with my mother dying in the burning house or the two of us in the hospital. It was like the terrible memories of that day were permanently etched inside my mind and I had to relive it almost every day. Last night I was cursed with the nightmare of the hospital.

The sirens of the ambulance was the last sound I heard as I was carried out of the burning house. The walls were painted white and the floor was slate gray. Nothing about this place screamed, "happy" instead the only thing I felt was pain.

The side of my neck and the midriff of my stomach were both actually burning in pain. I felt like I was on fire, no I was fire. I heard an ear piercing scream and in an instant's time I knew it was mothers. I carefully turned my head to the bed next to me.

I saw my mother and for a moment I couldn't recognize her. She had third degree burns everywhere and she was red to the core. I screamed for help when the machine next to her bed kept beeping but no one came.

"HELP! Someone please help! My mom!!! Mamma! Stay with me. HELP!! Will someone please help." I screamed in between my sobs. I tried to get up but as soon as my feet hit the ground everything was spinning. I sat back down and cried with my mom. I spoke words of comfort but I don't even know who I was trying to help at this moment.

My mom looked at me and smiled. My angel was smiling. She was stuck in a horrid hospital and no one was coming to help her and she was smiling. I sobbed harder when I saw her wince in pain.

"Mamma... please don't leave me here. Please." I said wiping my tears with the nasty hospital gown they had forced me in.

"I wish I could. But my book is closing and my story is coming to an end. I have done what I wanted and I want you to know that wherever I am, I will look over you. Just remember God is here and he believes in you. Just know that I love you. Mamma loves you." She said through gritted teeth. She was trying to be brave for me. I realized. I cried harder when I saw her eyes slowly drooping.

"No mamma. No! NO! You can't do this. Mamma. Mamma. Mamma. I love you!" I whispered the last part when I saw her eyes close completely. I cried and screamed. I screamed so loud, but no one came. No one came to save me or my mamma.

I snapped out of my trance and walked inside the hospital. I was met with Emily and Julia playing cards in the waiting room. I walked over to them and watched, they were so engrossed in their game they didn't realize I was standing behind them.