Chapter Thirteen~Psychopath

"Bad, bad, butterflies in my chest                            There's something I gotta confess"

                            There's something I gotta confess"

I wake up to a bright light shining upon my face and let me tell you, I am not here for it. I groaned and lifted my hand to block the light drowning my face. My head was pounding and I felt as if someone had gone ahead and took the liberty of sucker punching every inch of my body. I felt so sore and I couldn't even move without wincing.

I opened my eyes to see unfamiliar walls, not my room like I expected. The walls were grey and plain, no posters, nothing. Nothing like any room at the Orphanage. There were shelves all over filled with trophies for all kinds of things, art, sports, I even saw one in there for music. 

There was a whole glass case of albums and I was in love, they looked so perfect sitting there. I had always wanted to begin collecting vinyls or albums but every time I tried I'd be brought back to mornings in the kitchen dancing with my parents to their wedding song. Memories I never wanted to revisit again. 

The rest of the room was fairly plain, except there were sketchbooks lying everywhere, charcoal on the walls, and all over the ground. I saw a crumpled piece of paper on the ground and picked it up unraveling it to find a sunset drawn upon it, the picture was absolutely breathtaking. The colors were used in a creative way, to represent the fading in and out of the sun. Pink, orange, red, yellow, it was amazing. Whoever's room this was seemed to really like art, and it also seemed they were good at it.

"Morning, sleepy head." said a deep masculine voice from the doorway and I was jolted out of staring at the painting and brought back to reality. I turned my head so fast to look at the person, I swear I might've cracked my neck. I was met with unmistakable electric blue eyes, no doubt belonging to Kayden. He was standing there looking like a freaking model in his black shirt and grey sweatpants that hung dangerously low off his hips. I gulped and turned my head away, registering the words that had come out of his mouth.

"Morning? Oh my god! I missed school, not to mention Charlotte's gonna kill me! What the hell am I doing here? Wait, where am I? Did you kidnap me?" I frantically began looking around for my things not knowing what I was hoping to find. I could hear his deep chuckle and I raised my head to glare at him to see him smirking at me from the doorway, holding a cup of coffee in his hand. The very sight of coffee had me swooning, okay, yeah, I was addicted, but it was good, alright?

I made a run toward him to get it and moving so fast had me wincing in pain so hard that I saw stars. Bending over, I gasped in pain, vaguely aware of him taking my hands and leading me to sit on the bed. I closed my eyes and regained my composure, looking at him. 

The memories of the night before came rushing back to me and I felt tears welling up in my eyes, I brushed them away before he could see. I felt his hand on my arm sending sensations of shock and tingles through it as his eyes held mine with a certain kind of concern as he handed me the coffee.