Chapter twenty Eight~ I had...um...girl problems

"Hey homecoming queen, how's things at home?                                                                                        

Still walking on eggshells when that curtain's closed."

Panic seized me, and suddenly it became really hard to breathe. Jason Owens was back in town and he was going to make me pay hell for it. He was going to kick me and hurt me and if I don't let him do it I'm going to lose the only family I have left. I counted my breaths until I calmed down and I ran into Maddie's room to show her the message. Honestly, that was the best part of having siblings, your problems are automatically their problems. I walk in without knocking to find her sketching with her headphones on.

She looks up to see me and gives me a confused look since it is kinda the middle of the night. I take a deep breath and hold in my tears before handing her the phone to show her the message. She takes my phone confusedly and when she reads the message her eyes widen and her eyes are filled with pure hatred.

"V, you cannot panic. Okay? You are not scared. It doesn't matter to you at all that he's back in town. If you show him you're scared he's going to come to get you faster. Don't freak out and don't panic, just act like it didn't happen okay? We're in this together now and we'll figure it out. I promise." She explained as she calmed me down by giving me a glass of water and patting my back. I look at her and she hugs me tight.

"Mads, he's gonna--" I hiccup, "gonna kill me." I finish and she shakes her head vigorously.

"No, he's not because I won't let him. If he wants to touch a hair on your head he's going to have to go through Lilly, Kayden, and me. Let's see him try, shall we?" She says bitterly.

It was a little comfort knowing that I have people that are going to help me make my way out of this extremely sticky situation. I remember Kayden's promise to me and I am reminded of how much love I have around me. I sigh in contentment and snuggle in with Maddie who just whines and chuckles before cuddling into me as well. I think about the magical day I had with Kayden and it dawns upon me that I'm falling for him more and more every day. And the best part is that it doesn't scare me anymore; falling, it doesn't scare me at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the second week of December and winter break was fast approaching. I was terrified of Jason's return but I took Maddie's advice and pretended it didn't matter to me. Kayden's still really worried and half the time holds me like I'm precious China but I don't blame him, considering everything that's happened.

Today, I'm going to meet his mom. We both figured it was time to meet the families so that's what this week was all about. I was meeting his mom today and maybe his dad, and tomorrow he was meeting Lettie and the girls.

He's always told me that if there's one person besides Jayden he tells anything and everything to it's his mom. I kinda find it cute how he's so close to his mom and yeah I'm nervous but I'm also excited to meet this incredibly strong woman. She raised two twin baby boys alone and that couldn't have been easy but on top of that, she is battling cancer.